Author Topic: Long Island gulls 2003 2005 under investigation 2005 suspended  (Read 79167 times)

Description:

Reply #80:
 October 09, 2019, 02:10:28 PM
AYHL tolerates this type of thing. No punishment for the organization.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #81:
 October 09, 2019, 02:20:30 PM
AYHL tolerates this type of thing. No punishment for the organization.

Is this a personal opinion or an official decision you've been informed of that won't be made public by any of the governing bodies within the district or leagues?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #82:
 October 09, 2019, 02:31:43 PM
Wow that is repulsive. Glad the team is shut down (had to be a toxic culture). Feel bad for the kids that pay a steep price for the guilty ones. My kids play on Long Island and have the time of there lives, but I check in with them (and observe) to make sure the culture of their teams will leave the lasting memories of good times with good people that I invest in. Gulls parents and some of the other highly rated programs in the area have parents that are often pushing harder to get to the highest levels. I think it can be a negative to many when every game is high stakes. The purpose of sports is yes to dream big, but experience the immediate ups and downs of sports and use those experiences of hard work, never give up attitude in every facet of life.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #83:
 October 10, 2019, 08:09:48 AM
Toxic is the right word. My son played Gulls for many many years. Last year his daddy coach and 2 assist daddy coaches played a short bench for every game. Didn’t matter what the score was or who we were playing. This is just cruel to the parents paying 20,000 a year and to a kids moral. USA hockey should implement a rule so other kids don’t become a victim. Sad part about all of this is they pretty much got away with it. No team suspension just the one guilty party. I have to admit I have enjoyed the banter
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #84:
 October 10, 2019, 08:22:57 AM
That kinda crap goes on everywhere in Youth Hockey.  The whole set up is a joke.  Programs only care about the money. Too many Cosches are in it for their own kid.  USAH is completely useless.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #85:
 October 10, 2019, 08:26:17 AM
Tier1 is a business. They don't have to follow any USA hockey ADM policies or anything like that. If they want to play 1 line all game every game and 1 goalie all season they can. Does it suck sure but anybody whos kid plays t1 knows this going in. They play to win that's it.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #86:
 October 10, 2019, 09:01:45 AM
Not all AAA programs are a joke and tolerate this crap.  05 Gulls aren’t even a good team - ranked 55th so far this year & 65th last year with a horrible losing record.  If they are playing to win they are doing a rubbish job...
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #87:
 October 10, 2019, 09:07:10 AM
What team are you on (person who said that the Gulls families are obnoxious)?  Both of my sons are on the Gulls and I have never seen any indication of that!  Also the organization is great.  So please stop spreading rumors that are not true!  What happened?  Do we beat you when we play you?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #88:
 October 10, 2019, 09:30:53 AM
Looks like you only care about wining. Most normal parent just care that there kids are happy enjoying the game. It’s nice to win,but if you have to bring in ringers from all over the US and paying other kids way just to bring in talent. Well your a spring team. Enjoy it while it last.   Because you will find yourself on the other side of this nonsense. Your right there are some great kids and nice families. There are also grimey people that deserve a beat down   
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #89:
 October 10, 2019, 09:59:03 AM
I'm not that poster, but if it VERY well known in LI hockey that the Gulls can be awful people top to bottom- admin, coaches and kids.  Self-serving, willing to cheat, and just not nice unless they can gain.  I have known absolutely lovely Gulls boys (mostly A, but one AAA) and families, but they are the exception.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

New Jersey Avalanche and Long Island Gulls News

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info