Author Topic: Tryout Jam Room -- latest news  (Read 6580 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 April 10, 2022, 10:23:33 AM
If you are worried about wins and losses at the squirt level, you don't get it and never will.  Player development is all that matters. 

Tell that to FE 2011. They had maybe the worst season ever for a AAA team. Those kids had no business playing AAA. I blame the parents and coaches. Those kids will feel the affects of this season for years. They were devastated by end of year. Winning matters to kids.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 April 10, 2022, 11:32:09 AM
Everyone loves to bash FE 2011 but to be fair half the team were leftover Venom 2012s from the Atlantic 8 team (as opposed to the NEHL Venom team that is now PHC 2012). They are decent players but playing a year up hurt them in the win loss category. However they’ve all seemed to bounce back from a bad season and have found great new places to play for the upcoming season.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 April 19, 2022, 12:25:03 PM
If you are looking for your player to play on a AA team with great coaches and little drama (no daddy puck)....send me an email:

[email protected]

Our team has not conducted tryouts yet.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 April 19, 2022, 12:42:27 PM
Everyone loves to bash FE 2011 but to be fair half the team were leftover Venom 2012s from the Atlantic 8 team (as opposed to the NEHL Venom team that is now PHC 2012). They are decent players but playing a year up hurt them in the win loss category. However they’ve all seemed to bounce back from a bad season and have found great new places to play for the upcoming season.

Decent AA to A players. None of the 2012 kids were AAA players even at AAA minor last year. The parents were the driver of these kids playing AAA. Some kids are even playing A this year. I bash FE 2011 because the parents were all letter chasers, the kids suffered in the end and the rink made their money. AAA below bantam is foolish! All paths lead to beerleague!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 April 19, 2022, 01:11:32 PM
Letter chasers or opportunistic? FE Couldn't put teams together so do you expect them to fold or take what they can get to keep the program running by contracting players from surrounding teams who tried out? Every team has to start somewhere and if it means new players from tierll then so be it. Give them a chance but holy crap they are squirts and pee wees your talking about. They aren't ushl or nhl prospects man you guys are really hell bent on trying to outclass each other but in the end no matter what level they'll all be playing together in mens league.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 April 19, 2022, 04:03:38 PM
Letter chasers or opportunistic? FE Couldn't put teams together so do you expect them to fold or take what they can get to keep the program running by contracting players from surrounding teams who tried out? Every team has to start somewhere and if it means new players from tierll then so be it. Give them a chance but holy crap they are squirts and pee wees your talking about. They aren't ushl or nhl prospects man you guys are really hell bent on trying to outclass each other but in the end no matter what level they'll all be playing together in mens league.

Every player from FE 2011 left and went to another rink. 4 FE 2011 players are on other AAA teams, but those are low level AAA teams. The others are AA or A at other rinks. 2011 FE players would have been better off playing AA or A and spending the extra money on private sessions. The team was terrible because none of the kids were ready for AAA. Not the kids fault- I blame parents as you are correct rink did not want team to fold. Now FE has no team below 2010. FE would have been better off in 21-22 fielding a 2012 AAA team. Also all the 2013 Pilots left. The 2011 FE experience hurt the program and all the parents of Pilots and Jags AA kids that were at Pennsauken wanted no part of FE. I would argue the Jags AA team was better than 2011 FE. I would also argue the Pilots may have lost but would have kept the margin under 6 goals. I don't think you realize how overmatched 2011 FE was. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #16:
 April 19, 2022, 06:58:59 PM
PFE will not exist in 2 years, I don't have an axe to grind, but South Jersey/Philly area can only support 1 true AAA team -- it is a mess down there right now and attrition would be a good thing, The Bear keeping rinks on life support and creating more watered down Tier 1 leagues doesn't help

#allroadsleadtobeerleague
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #17:
 April 19, 2022, 10:30:24 PM
That’s very misleading about the FE 2011s. There were just 4/5 2012s leftover from the Venom Atlantic 8  played FE on the 2011 team. The other leftover went to JRF and all the NEHL Venom 2012 kids went to PHC. Of that 4 there is 1 playing A, 2 at AA, and a third at AAA for upcoming season. The kids that came out of the Venom 2011 or 2012 program are not just “letter chasers”. The kids are pretty decent players. PHC and JRF and LF are successful AAA programs at the Squirt level and using what happened at FE last year, when kids had to play up, as a symptom of what is wrong about AAA hockey in this region ignores the talent, effort, and success of other programs. Parents and kids commit themselves to the extra demands of a AAA season shouldn’t be criticized for trying to give their kids every opportunity to play and enjoy the game.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #18:
 April 19, 2022, 10:55:58 PM
BB keeping rinks afloat is good. Kids love to play hockey. Problem is not at AAA. Problem is AAA below bantam. My 2012  kid made AAA team but as a family we don't want travel. We stay AA get 3 days a week practice and small private sessions 1 day a week. Also play soccer and lacrosse. We tried out in PA to see where my kid was against AAA players. If my kid still wants to play hockey we will move to AAA at 13 or 14. Playing AAA younger means nothing. I disagree with not enough talent in SJ for 2 AAA teams. There are enough really good AA players at Igloo, Voorhees and Hollydell leftovers to put competitive AAA FE teams below Bantam. These Parents don't want this at such a young age.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #19:
 April 22, 2022, 11:30:06 AM
Still looking for a AA team?  CBHL tryouts start tomorrow.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

2019 Keystone State Games SOUTH Tryout and Scheduling Info

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 5575
Last post January 14, 2019, 03:48:19 PM
by Youth Hockey Info
2019-2020 IceWorks Pre-Tryout Skills Clinics - PeeWee