Author Topic: 22-23 Tier 1 Rosters  (Read 20808 times)

Description:

Reply #20:
 April 21, 2022, 07:19:26 PM
It has nothing to do with privacy. It's simple, the teams post their rosters on their own website if they want to and most do, you can find any of the rosters you are looking for on the ayhl website.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #21:
 April 21, 2022, 10:17:59 PM
Your comments show you don’t know very much about Venom kids or parents. The current crop of ex Venom at 2011 and 2012 aren’t going to burn out anytime soon. PHC 2011, 2012 won USPHL. JRF 2012 won AYHL. All with Venom alum. They’re only getting better next season. The parents and kids are just more committed to the sport than your kids and FYI, they DO play other sports. My own son is an ex Venom, plays AAA SQ and is an even better lacrosse player. They’re not one dimensional and the parents aren’t any more arrogant or entitled than parents or kids playing at AA or A. A hole parents and kids are A*holes no matter where or what level they play. Everyone keeps saying puberty is an equalizer like AAA kids aren’t also going through puberty. If a kid is an average player at SQ, turning 13-14 isn’t going to suddenly improve their skill level. And it’s not like AAA aren’t working just as hard if not harder to get better skill wise. The only people saying AAA doesn’t matter are the people whose kids aren’t there skill wise to make a team YET. More practices, more games, film session, off ice, yes come at a price in terms of money and time but if they have the skill and drive why not? Most AAA parents are not under the delusion  that their kid is going to NHL or D1 but they do know that playing Tier 1 gives them the best chance of future success in a game they really love.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #22:
 April 21, 2022, 10:53:09 PM
Your comments show you don’t know very much about Venom kids or parents. The current crop of ex Venom at 2011 and 2012 aren’t going to burn out anytime soon. PHC 2011, 2012 won USPHL. JRF 2012 won AYHL. All with Venom alum. They’re only getting better next season. The parents and kids are just more committed to the sport than your kids and FYI, they DO play other sports. My own son is an ex Venom, plays AAA SQ and is an even better lacrosse player. They’re not one dimensional and the parents aren’t any more arrogant or entitled than parents or kids playing at AA or A. A hole parents and kids are A*holes no matter where or what level they play. Everyone keeps saying puberty is an equalizer like AAA kids aren’t also going through puberty. If a kid is an average player at SQ, turning 13-14 isn’t going to suddenly improve their skill level. And it’s not like AAA aren’t working just as hard if not harder to get better skill wise. The only people saying AAA doesn’t matter are the people whose kids aren’t there skill wise to make a team YET. More practices, more games, film session, off ice, yes come at a price in terms of money and time but if they have the skill and drive why not? Most AAA parents are not under the delusion  that their kid is going to NHL or D1 but they do know that playing Tier 1 gives them the best chance of future success in a game they really love.

Puberty is equalizer. Kids become bigger and faster, with lower level kids catching up. Before puberty average player is usually just not strong enough. The AA and A players are working just as hard as AAA. My kids were on ice 3-4 days, 2-3 hrs per day,  not including weekends from Sept to March. Practice at home as well. All while playing others sports. We shut down on ice hockey from May until mid July. Look at LL World Series. How many of the great players stay great? Very few as the kids are just advanced for their age. Some kids are great all the way up, but they are few and far between. No one knows if the kid that is 2 inches taller and faster will stay that way after puberty. That is why USHDVM is designed the way it is. To develop athletes and see how it shakes out after puberty. More experts agree with my way if thinking than yours. Keep drinking the kool-aid buddy.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #23:
 April 22, 2022, 11:58:29 AM
When all of these kids are skating in mens leagues, will there be any embarrassment about the time these parents had obsessing about the comparative skill of 9 and 10 year old kids?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #24:
 April 22, 2022, 03:08:20 PM
PHC 2011 did not win the USPHL last season.  They lost to Woodbridge in the Final.  Not saying PHC wasn't a good team, and didn't get better with all their imports going into next season (including the best player at Woodbridge in 2021-22), just stating the facts. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #25:
 April 22, 2022, 04:16:41 PM
I love how AAA parents say their kids go through puberty too. I played football, basketball, baseball and tennis growing up. I was a good athlete, but a little smaller and weaker than most kids my age. I worked my but off in baseball and was good but not great player through LL. I hit puberty and in one summer grew 4 inches. My 13 year old season saw me rise to make all star teams with all the other best players from my LL days. By the time I hit 15 I was a top 5 player. The other 4 best players were all ok in LL but hit puberty and their games blossomed. The best kids in LL fell off and by the time high school hit were ok players. Stilled played varsity, but never made all conference, all SJ or all State like I did. I also went on to play College ball in the SEC and spent 6 years in the minors, making it all the way to AAA.

The point is that puberty is the great equalizer in all sports. Yes the skill of the young AAA players is off the charts, but the AA and A players that love hockey are working just as hard as the AAA kids. The AA and A players are not as strong on skates, shots & passes are not as hard and everything they do is just a step or two slow. The AA & A players are doing power skating, edgework and skill sessions just like AAA. Once puberty hits strength improves, speed improves, shots & passes are now harder and they play at a faster pace. Will the AAA kid have some advantage? Maybe.

Here are links for AAA parents to look at. Being AAA at Squirts or Pee Wee does not guarantee being AAA at Bantam or Midgets. Venom and PHC parents need to read these and reevaluate how you are dooming your kids to failure. I could have posted 50 more, but thought these were enough. Parents need to change their mindsets!

1st article is about games (21-22)- PHC 2010- 74 games, PHC 2011- 82 games, PHC 2012- 79 games- other teams averaged about 55 games. You are all nuts!

How Much is Too Much? - MYHockey

Late Bloomers in Hockey Very Common

As young players learn the game today, are they actually playing too much

Shattering The Myth Of Youth Hockey Specialization | Elite Level Hockey

Is Your Kid Talented?

https://thehockeythinktank.com/2020/05/25/the-overlooked-importance-of-player-development/

https://www.thesportster.com/hockey/8-nhl-players-who-were-much-better-as-pros-and-8-that-peaked-in-junior/
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #26:
 April 22, 2022, 04:34:32 PM
Venom & PHC parents are insane! Posted on V-Hockey website is how the Venom stood out at the Blue Chip Selects Top 40 Prospects Showcase. Of course it is invite only.

What they hell are 2013 & 2014 players going to a Blue Chip Top 40 Prospects Showcase for? This is insane! Make sure you send your evaluation to that scout for college or the draft! Evaluations at 9, 8 or 7 really count!

Let me show you how crazy this is- none of these sports- soccer, baseball, basketball, lacrosse, tennis, or football- have prospect showcases at 9, 8 or 7 ages. The Venom parents should have their own reality show like the pageant or dance moms.

Now I can't wait for the responses telling me I am jealous my kid was not invited or that he did make Venom. Well my kid did make Venom and we decided against joining. Why did we do this? Because of the crazy culture: see above showcase! I love how the Venom parents are working out their failures through their kids!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #27:
 April 22, 2022, 08:57:52 PM
Hockey players are all different, and most I'd reckon peak in their 20s.

But USA Hockey gets thrilled at kids that go through puberty at 10 - quick get them onto the development track asap!!! turn them into little schmucks!  If your kid is a late bloomer, good luck,  most meatheads just will never care.  I wonder how many kids get discouraged that their buddy is special just because he sprouted hairs at 12?  Thanks! Good For Hockey!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #28:
 April 22, 2022, 11:00:25 PM
It’s too funny how all these parents of A and AA kids say their kid tried out and made a AAA team but somehow declined to join. It’s so skeptical it’s laughable. No one “tries out” with intention of declining acceptance or just to “see how you match up”. The reality is they tried out and didn’t make it and now you’re making excuses. Hockey isn’t baseball and 4 inches of height during puberty isn’t suddenly gonna make an average A player a AAA player. AAA players have more practices, more games, better competition, etc. That’s why even if kids play AA or A they’re trying out for AAA at Bantam. Why should a 2011 or 2012 who can skate and play better than most of his/her peers play at a lower level? Most, not all, but most play commiserate with their skill level.  Do I think y’all are jealous of the success of teams like PHC, JRF, LF? Yes. Are ALL AAA teams better than AA or A teams? Heck No! But for the most part kids playing AAA at SQ and PW are top of the food chain and if your kid was good enough now they’d be there. Will they be good enough in the future? Maybe. But it won’t be puberty that earns them a roster spot. It will be skill level. And FYI, some sports DO have select or showcase events…both my kids were in football and lacrosse showcases at 9. And, yes, I’m an ex Venom parent and our kids aren’t “doomed to failure”…they’re only getting better.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #29:
 April 23, 2022, 12:03:57 AM
It’s too funny how all these parents of A and AA kids say their kid tried out and made a AAA team but somehow declined to join. It’s so skeptical it’s laughable. No one “tries out” with intention of declining acceptance or just to “see how you match up”. The reality is they tried out and didn’t make it and now you’re making excuses. Hockey isn’t baseball and 4 inches of height during puberty isn’t suddenly gonna make an average A player a AAA player. AAA players have more practices, more games, better competition, etc. That’s why even if kids play AA or A they’re trying out for AAA at Bantam. Why should a 2011 or 2012 who can skate and play better than most of his/her peers play at a lower level? Most, not all, but most play commiserate with their skill level.  Do I think y’all are jealous of the success of teams like PHC, JRF, LF? Yes. Are ALL AAA teams better than AA or A teams? Heck No! But for the most part kids playing AAA at SQ and PW are top of the food chain and if your kid was good enough now they’d be there. Will they be good enough in the future? Maybe. But it won’t be puberty that earns them a roster spot. It will be skill level. And FYI, some sports DO have select or showcase events…both my kids were in football and lacrosse showcases at 9. And, yes, I’m an ex Venom parent and our kids aren’t “doomed to failure”…they’re only getting better.

Your a bigger idiot than I thought. Football and lacrosse showcases at 9! Most NFL players start football at 12. Average College Lacrosse player started at 13. Ice Hockey different because of skating, but puberty evens things out. You are correct hockey is not baseball. Baseball is harder. 4 inches in 1 summer, not all of puberty moron.4-11 to 5-3 is a huge jump. Grew to 6-1. Your kids may be better now, bet they never play in college and are avg players at 16. My kid did make AAA, then they told me cost and travel and I said no way. Put extra money in college fund! Kid happy at AA. My kid will see your kid in beer league by age of 21! I am now convinced all Venom and PHC parents should have kids taken away!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

2021-2022 Tier 1 Rosters

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 43
Views: 12028
Last post May 21, 2021, 02:57:42 PM
by Guest
Hollydell 2018 tier 1 status? Is this happening?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 8485
Last post May 14, 2018, 09:09:33 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
Educate me on Tier 1 Programs

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 5
Views: 6952
Last post November 21, 2018, 07:46:23 AM
by Guest
Tier 1 vs Tier ll Hockey A to Z - More Bang For the Buck?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 19
Views: 35491
Last post June 29, 2020, 08:41:10 AM
by Guest
Revolution Youth Tier II

Started by RevolutionBoard Youth Hockey Info Center

Replies: 0
Views: 9141
Last post March 06, 2019, 12:36:45 PM
by Revolution