Author Topic: BREAKING: The Rink At Lehigh Valley has been sold  (Read 20219 times)

Description:

Reply #40:
 May 17, 2022, 12:27:13 PM
My biggest concern is more for the Polar Bears.  What a fantastic program and hope that they can find the ice to continue.  Hoping for the best for Joe and the kids that play. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #41:
 May 18, 2022, 06:32:22 AM
My biggest concern is more for the Polar Bears.  What a fantastic program and hope that they can find the ice to continue.  Hoping for the best for Joe and the kids that play. 
No concern is needed, they were taken care of the day after the Rink announcement was made.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #42:
 May 18, 2022, 07:38:08 AM
I'm still wondering if Steel Ice will build a 3rd rink to pick up the scholastic, college and other teams that played out of the Rink. I get why the rink closed, it's business. The old owner wanted out and the new owner doesn't want a rink, it stinks and if the owner of Steel ice don't see a 3rd rink paying for itself and making a profit why would he add one. I think it would but what would I know about the cost of running a rink.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #43:
 May 26, 2022, 07:29:27 AM
Last night my son had a GOTTA hockey practice at the Rink. It hit hard when the coach got the kids together at center ice and did a final picture and goodbye to the Rink, it was their last practice there. An adult team followed us and when they came in talking about it being their final game the one female player was almost in tears. Steel Ice will hopefully add a 3rd rink for all these people(adult, scholastic, college, ect..) have a place to play. If not hockey in the valley will suffer.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #44:
 May 26, 2022, 07:53:02 AM
I'm still wondering if Steel Ice will build a 3rd rink to pick up the scholastic, college and other teams that played out of the Rink. I get why the rink closed, it's business. The old owner wanted out and the new owner doesn't want a rink, it stinks and if the owner of Steel ice don't see a 3rd rink paying for itself and making a profit why would he add one. I think it would but what would I know about the cost of running a rink.
Hopefully Kutztown Bears hockey will go back to Body Zone and it's actually a good thing because it's much closer. My only question is how will this work with us sharing the rink with Alvernia now that they have the NCAA D3 team and Penn State Berks is back playing?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #45:
 May 26, 2022, 08:38:08 AM
From what I heard from a KU parent is that both KU teams will be out of Body Zone.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #46:
 May 26, 2022, 10:44:45 AM
I feel bad for those that play at Body Zone, the sheet on the parking lot side is crap. If you end up playing their try to always get the snack bar sheet, the ice is much better just not enough a bleacher area. Maybe even try getting slots at Santander Arena for games.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #47:
 June 06, 2022, 12:47:33 PM
Personally, I have no idea why Steel Ice in Bethlehem is seemingly held in such high esteem in the Lehigh Valley.  Hope it's not because of the janky bar.  Must be because there are (now) no other options.  Can't be disappointed if you have no expectations, I guess.

The ice at Steel is garbage, rental cost is way overpriced, and the overall facility is not much better than TRaLV.  I played at Steel during the 2021-22 season, would rather drive further somewhere else toward NJ or Philly to play in that trash building ever again.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #48:
 June 06, 2022, 01:05:12 PM
Personally, I have no idea why Steel Ice in Bethlehem is seemingly held in such high esteem in the Lehigh Valley.  Hope it's not because of the janky bar.  Must be because there are (now) no other options.  Can't be disappointed if you have no expectations, I guess.

The ice at Steel is garbage, rental cost is way overpriced, and the overall facility is not much better than TRaLV.  I played at Steel during the 2021-22 season, would rather drive further somewhere else toward NJ or Philly to play in that trash building ever again.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣 Go find another team to play at the lowest level possible for you can say how great you are is what you mean. My kids have played at the Rink(6yrs) between lite travel and scholastic, Steel Ice (4yrs) with the Phantoms and now in Ohio at a 3rd rink and if you think the Rink was better you just have something against Steel Ice or the Phantoms. Honestly our Rink here in Columbus is the best me or my kids have ever played on. Comments like this is why I still come on here.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #49:
 June 06, 2022, 01:52:25 PM

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣 Go find another team to play at the lowest level possible for you can say how great you are is what you mean. My kids have played at the Rink(6yrs) between lite travel and scholastic, Steel Ice (4yrs) with the Phantoms and now in Ohio at a 3rd rink and if you think the Rink was better you just have something against Steel Ice or the Phantoms. Honestly our Rink here in Columbus is the best me or my kids have ever played on. Comments like this is why I still come on here.
While I agree he or she probably has something against Steel Ice you are still laughing at a kid, not cool. With that being said we have been traveling to Steel Ice or many yrs, pre phantoms and my kids have always enjoyed playing there. Sadly we will miss the hour plus drive to play them this year.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: