Author Topic: New THF Tier 1 league  (Read 25317 times)

Description:

Reply #40:
 May 31, 2022, 05:07:56 PM
Really- the goalie and D names were on 2011 Northstar Elite Roster. I also witnessed the goalie and d play for NE in Nashville. I guess the Nashville Brick Series and my own damn memory are wrong! I am getting old, so maybe dementia is setting in. Thanks for the update on who played for what team. Maybe you can name the players and teams they played for since you are the authority!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #41:
 May 31, 2022, 05:20:05 PM
Goalie and D from Mercer played for Northstar Elites in Nashville. They did ok, but again only 2 Mercer kids on the team. Rest from North Jersey, so take it for what it is. Mercer still not great!

Actually, the goalie and D didn't play for Northstar Elite, and Mercer had a total of 6 players invited to participate from 4 different teams.  I hate when people post things that are blatantly incorrect. 

I guess being invited and actually playing are the same thing? Only 2 2011 AYHL Mercer players played in Brick Nashville tournament. Go to Music City Invitational and look at rosters.  I hate when people post things, act like they are a know it all and then get b*tched slapped! Thank you for your input Mr. Authority! We can assume your assessment of 2011 Mercer team is about as good as your knowledge of Brick Series roster make-up!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #42:
 June 01, 2022, 08:30:49 AM
Wow!  You guys need to relax, I think you're being trolled. We're talking about 2011 Birth Year here.  Seriously, who cares how many kids from what club are playing summer hockey, or are how many kids from a particular team are being invited to tournaments.  It means absolutely nothing.  How good a team is has no bearing on the individual advancement and success of your child. If your goal is to get your son or daughter to the highest level they can achieve, then you look for a coach and program that can develop the player regardless of wins and losses. I've seen kids play for average teams that have gone on to Prep School, D3/D1, and Pro.  One of the common denominators was the coaching they received. Now, if your goal is to chase wins with no aspirations to play after 18U, then have at it. Everyones journey and goals are different in this sport. Sit back and enjoy watching your child play because it will change fast. Your 2011 will be a teenager soon.  If he/she is really good, they will be moving away to continue playing. If they decide they want to stop playing after 18U (or beforehand), it's the end of the line and you're looking back thinking how quickly it all went by.

The original title of this post was "New THF Tier 1 League".  Let's get back on topic here and talk about the new league. I think overall it will make games more competitive.  There is nothing worse than driving two hours to pump a team by 10 goals.  No one develops or gets anything out of that.  It sounds as if this new league will use their parity event to match teams so that games are competitve for developmental purposes. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #43:
 June 01, 2022, 11:12:04 AM
Did you mean to say Mid Fairfield Rangers?  PHC isn’t even close, not by a mile. Neither finished in the top ten, and the difference from 1 to 10 is gigantic.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #44:
 June 01, 2022, 12:15:04 PM
First off there is no rankings this year for 11/12's, 2nd- PHC 2011's would be a top 10 team that is just a crazy statement. They really updated the roster and that will really take them to a different tier with addition to what players they have. I have no steak in the game saying that, as i coach at that level and will have to play them (well see). It is what it is, but it will be fun to watch that team play with that level of talent top to bottom.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #45:
 June 01, 2022, 12:36:11 PM
I also witnessed the goalie and d play for NE in Nashville. I guess the Nashville Brick Series and my own damn memory are wrong! I am getting old, so maybe dementia is setting in.
You don't need to see his identification...these aren't the droids you're looking for...he can go about his business
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #46:
 June 01, 2022, 12:37:45 PM
PHC 11's will dominate all. LVPY parents and players will be choking on their tears at the end of the season with rest of the clubs. THF only wished they had the talents of our 11's in their pathetic league. PHC rules, period end of discussion. I'm just kidding all, I don't have a tier 1 player at that age but this all you read on these threads so I figured I'd beat them to it.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #47:
 June 01, 2022, 12:41:00 PM
First off there is no rankings this year for 11/12's
if you're basing that off MHR today it appears they've taken down 2021-2022 rankings for all ages.  Not saying there is an 11/12 ranking when available, just saying that may be why they're not there right now, today.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #48:
 June 01, 2022, 01:04:51 PM
Yes, MHR announced that a few weeks ago. I think it is a good thing. Just go and play hockey

MYHockey Rankings will continue to collect game scores and calculate performance ratings for 10U/U11 teams. Teams in this age group will even continue to be listed in descending order of rating. However, we are going to discontinue the practice of assigning a numerical ranking to 10U/U11 teams in the United States and Canada.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #49:
 June 01, 2022, 02:05:58 PM
I think THF will be a weak league this year. The purpose of THF will be to get more competitive games for BB AAA teams. I also think some AYHL teams will play games as part-time or showcase members. This will lead to the THF being the dominant league like AHF. It is a matter of time before BB leagues control Atlantic District. There will be some hold outs, but eventually AYHL will fold and THF will dominate. Rinks that do not have AAA teams or affiliates will eventually have no choice to join AHF. But again, for 22-23 season THF is not a great league. The key will be getting LV, Little Flyers, Jr. Flyers and PHC to join in 23-24. If this happens NJ Titans, Colonials and Avalanche will follow and it is game over for AYHL. Not saying this is good for hockey, just reality for what BB is doing.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Hollydell 2018 tier 1 status? Is this happening?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 8483
Last post May 14, 2018, 09:09:33 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
Metro Elite League

Started by GuestBoard Youth Hockey Info Center

Replies: 3
Views: 4959
Last post May 16, 2018, 08:19:06 AM
by Guest
Educate me on Tier 1 Programs

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 5
Views: 6945
Last post November 21, 2018, 07:46:23 AM
by Guest
Tier 1 vs Tier ll Hockey A to Z - More Bang For the Buck?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 19
Views: 35482
Last post June 29, 2020, 08:41:10 AM
by Guest
Revolution Youth Tier II

Started by RevolutionBoard Youth Hockey Info Center

Replies: 0
Views: 9138
Last post March 06, 2019, 12:36:45 PM
by Revolution