Author Topic: Path for National bound teams playing in AHF?  (Read 24202 times)

Description:

Path for National bound teams playing in AHF?
Topic: May 23, 2022, 12:13:41 PM
AHF and the Atlantic District have said nothing and posting nothing regarding this.  What precisely is the path for teams not playing in DVHL because they were told they can only play in AHF?   
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 May 23, 2022, 01:27:42 PM
If you're in the AHF are you no longer part of the Atlantic District?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 May 23, 2022, 02:16:43 PM
The AHF swears that they have a path to Nationals.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 May 23, 2022, 03:06:33 PM
The path is the Independent Playdown.  They have had for for a few years for Tier I.  Have not needed one for Tier II in the past.  Now they need one.  Easy enough to add.

Teams would come out of the playdown into the district tournament.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 May 23, 2022, 03:26:50 PM
The path is the Independent Playdown.  They have had for for a few years for Tier I.  Have not needed one for Tier II in the past.  Now they need one.  Easy enough to add.

The devil is in the details.  I wonder how many teams will come out of the playdown and how many will come out of the district tournament?  One each?   
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 May 23, 2022, 03:40:14 PM
There is no path in the current rule book, they're going to have to add one. Like others have said, they would likely add a qualifying tournament. It will be interesting to see how seeding works since AHF plays an unbalanced schedule. My uneducated guess is that they would use a Krach rating? I can see the future threads now, when teams get dropped in the seeding based on the strength of their schedule...there will be some unhappy campers.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted friendly:
Guest16325,
No reactions

Reply #6:
 May 23, 2022, 03:42:49 PM

[/quote]

The devil is in the details.  I wonder how many teams will come out of the playdown and how many will come out of the district tournament?  One each?   
[/quote]

The "playdown" is to qualify for the District tournament....
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #7:
 May 23, 2022, 05:14:37 PM
Will the top DVHL team get a bye to Districts like they do know? Would make sense to just have the winner of the DVHL and the winner of the AHF play best of 3 for Nationals. Would also help with the banner/hat/cake confusion.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #8:
 May 23, 2022, 09:31:07 PM
The AHF has 3-4x the number of teams at National Bound AA levels.  DVHL promoted A teams to make them AA.  District wants to represent well at Nationals.  This is a silly thread - old news.  There will be a fair playdown between the leagues.  People should be way more concerned that the DVHL won't be around in a year or two.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #9:
 May 24, 2022, 06:29:20 AM
I noticed that AHF is running their own ref clinics but I think that normally when my son registers as a ref it's through USA hockey and the clinic is run by the district.  Is AHF part of the Atlantic District / USA Hockey?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: