Author Topic: Path for National bound teams playing in AHF?  (Read 24181 times)

Description:

Reply #20:
 May 25, 2022, 04:36:20 PM
Must be Team Philadelphia you are talking about
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #21:
 May 25, 2022, 04:55:46 PM
Must be Team Philadelphia you are talking about
correct.  I do find it funny that with all the '05 talent we had there is only one 18U team, rest of kids left for other orgs
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #22:
 May 25, 2022, 05:25:19 PM
This will all be worked out. AHF is petitioning USA Hockey to force Atlantic District to sanction them. The Atlantic District is run by all the DVHL, NJYHL & AYHL directors. It is corrupt! This is why BB formed AHF & THF. They did not like how things were run. Wake up! Your leagues and district are lying to you!!!!!!

This will be interesting. In the past USAH gave the District pretty much carte blanche on issues. We'll see if they get involved. BB has been down this road before and lost in Illinois. This time I think they will be looking to destroy the district rather than join it.  I also wonder how differently their MD/VA teams will be treated by PVAHA. That league/affiliate/district structure is a lot less susceptible to 'corruption' as it isn't all the same people at each level.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #23:
 May 25, 2022, 08:58:14 PM
I noticed that AHF is running their own ref clinics but I think that normally when my son registers as a ref it's through USA hockey and the clinic is run by the district.  Is AHF part of the Atlantic District / USA Hockey?

It would be very interesting to see if they are coaching refs to call things differently. There were definitely issues last year out of AHF rinks in Maryland when it came to penalties — Maryland’s affiliate did not adopt last year’s rule changes and stuck with the 2-minute minor penalties.
The refs tend to call things tighter in Maryland and Virginia in my observation than they do in Philly and Jersey and up in Connecticut and Massachusetts it's no holds barred.  The amendments to the checking rules were basically ignored up there while down in MD and NoVA it was called extremely strictly.  Made it difficult to go back and forth because the standard was EXTREMELY different from game to game.  I don't see it as an AHF thing though because it was like that the year before too, just not as extreme as it was last year.  The New England guys basically ignored the entire USA Hockey directive and reffed the game they wanted to ref.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #24:
 May 25, 2022, 09:00:55 PM
This will be interesting. In the past USAH gave the District pretty much carte blanche on issues. We'll see if they get involved. 
The only thing USAH gets involved with at youth Tier 2 is making sure your dues money is paid so they can pay out their settlements from the misconduct of their Presidents.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #25:
 May 26, 2022, 03:05:59 PM
BB & AHF are gaining power in USA Hockey. With Keith Primeau leading the way. In 2 years DV, NJ & AYHL will be gone with AHF & THF only leagues. By then BB will run the District. Hopefully it will result in less AAA teams to make things more competitive. With prices for Tier 2 at BB rinks, they do not need AAA fees to make a profit. This is bad for Tier 2 parents, but good for AAA and really good for competition & development.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #26:
 May 27, 2022, 11:13:03 AM
I have noticed the AHF refs (especially during the showcases) call the game much tighter.

Could be small sample size, but the difference was noticeable.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #27:
 May 27, 2022, 11:21:29 AM
Nobody cares about Keith he avoided people like the plague when our son was playing JrB at Warwick. I've read through this and am I reading right? AHF isn't sanctioned by or doesn't follow USAH insurance pyramid scheme and the refs are completely different from USAH registered refs? I mean showcases are always tighter because they are on a timeline to get the games done as fast as possible.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #28:
 May 27, 2022, 11:38:11 AM
no, according to their website AHF is a USAH sanctioned ELITE Tier II youth hockey league.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #29:
 May 27, 2022, 11:47:44 AM
Nobody cares about Keith he avoided people like the plague when our son was playing JrB at Warwick. I've read through this and am I reading right? AHF isn't sanctioned by or doesn't follow USAH insurance pyramid scheme and the refs are completely different from USAH registered refs? I mean showcases are always tighter because they are on a timeline to get the games done as fast as possible.

AHF is USAH.  Officials are USAH and assigned by USAH assignors.  Rulebook is USAH.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: