Author Topic: Jags black bear fees for AHF for 2023 season  (Read 21212 times)

Description:

Reply #60:
 March 15, 2023, 10:28:41 AM
If the attitude is to skate, skate, skate then stay at AA and go to Elite Edge or somewhere like that for private lessons. your kid will surely skate, skate, skate while saving money at the same time. Join a gym for $30 a month and most have a trainer included with membership. I personally don't want a kid on my kids AAA team that isn't worried about the quality of team they are on.

And I don't want someone on my team that only cares about winning. Name of game until kids hit puberty is development and skating. Wins and losses mean nothing. I care about improvement, playing the game as a team, working hard and having fun. If all this happens, then so will wining. I know the team will have talent, but don't want winning at all costs like some of the AAA teams.
Where did I say I only cared about winning? The term was quality. A quality team is playing the game right and being competitive. At Peewee AAA your kid should already be a strong skater and you shouldn't have to worry about just skate, skate, skate. Too many AAA teams shouldn't be AAA but the clubs care about the $ and the parents care about the letter. I hate playing AAA games outshooting a team by 30 and winning by 5+ goals. I'd rather lose by one than win by 5. The AAA teams that my oldest son played against and beat by 5+ are still getting beat by that 6yrs later. If you don't care how good a team is you may fall into the same situation. I have an 06 and 11 both playing AAA and when we moved here from Maine in 2015 I saw the squirt AA teams and decided to go AAA the next year. I did my homework on what AAA club to select. I suggest you do your homework as well.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest12693,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

hockeydad321

Reply #61:
 March 23, 2023, 01:47:38 PM
So, how are tryouts going at Igloo? Just curious if there is enough talent and depth to field AA teams at 12U & 10U. I heard a lot of players left for Hollydell and Pennsauken. Is this true?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest14876,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #62:
 March 23, 2023, 08:07:39 PM
So, how are tryouts going at Igloo? Just curious if there is enough talent and depth to field AA teams at 12U & 10U. I heard a lot of players left for Hollydell and Pennsauken. Is this true?
definitely enough for AA im pretty sure all the rinks are fielding AA birth year teams , or at least birth year teams they are calling AA
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #63:
 March 23, 2023, 09:19:04 PM
felt like 40-50 pw and slightly smaller squirt.  not sure quality yet
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #64:
 March 24, 2023, 07:38:42 AM
40-50 at peewee with time to add some more should be enough for 3 teams
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #65:
 March 24, 2023, 09:01:44 AM
Is the TALENT there, though, to field AA peewee team?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #66:
 March 24, 2023, 09:46:08 AM
wish they would decide team levels AFTER they see the talent. they had no business having some AA teams last year.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

hockeydad321

Reply #67:
 March 24, 2023, 03:18:35 PM
AA at PeeWee and Squirt is more abut talent than number of players. The pace of play and skating ability at AA is very high. The two 2012's left from 10UAA should play A and never should have been AA last year, the top scorers from 10UA not good enough skaters to play AA no matter what their parents think and the 2013 & 2014 from 10UAA can play AA but no one else at that age level can.  Igloo lost the following:

6 2011's
4 2012's
4 2013's
1 2014

All the above players were some of the best at their age levels and would be top players on AA teams this year.  I find it very difficult to believe Igloo will field any AA teams at Squirt or PeeWee unless the 2012's that left last year for Mercer & Blazers came back and 6 new quality 2013/2014 players joined the Igloo. 2014's who played Mites last year are not ready for AA. If Igloo does field pure AA teams the records will be worse than last year (8-32 for 10U AA and 6-34 for 12UAA)
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #68:
 March 24, 2023, 04:37:57 PM
The igloo 10 U A would have beaten the 10 U AA team. The issue isn't the talent the issue was how the teams were picked last year. The better team was 10 U A.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest16557,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest11884,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #69:
 March 24, 2023, 05:11:30 PM
Hey Cam!

The best thing to happen to Igloo is those coaches and their followers leaving.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest12458,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest15256,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: