Forum > General Youth Hockey Info

Almost 5k for 14u/12u hockey

(1/3) > >>

Guest:
Seems like 14u and 12u hockey (even at A and B levels) is approaching $5,000 at some NJ Black Bear rinks. Is this really what parents want to pay for those levels? Nothing against those levels, but do you really need to have 50+ practices and travel tournaments? Whatever happened to semi competitive hockey, why not have half the practices and half the games.

I understand AAA/AA, but come on, this is getting ridiculous. I understand rinks have bills to pay, but time for parents to fight back...

Guest:
you are not wrong.  honestly, there are much better investments.

Guest:
This upcoming season will be our first under BB, honestly, the price increase wasn't as bad as expected.  However, what I did not expect was losing the sibling discount.  Having three kids playing and not getting any break is hard.

I've also heard from our goalie parents that goalies no longer receive a discount.

I don't think I've ever seen tuition that didn't include sibling and goalie discounts until BB.

Guest:
My son played for VFC for a couple of years and I never got a goalie discount.

Guest:
My kid plays at Hatfield in PA. For next year it's almost $1k cheaper than the neighboring black bear rinks. More importantly, my son had a great time last year. The coaching was great, the parents were great, they got in some fun travel. Between the dvhl, ej and tournaments, it was a geat mix of competition.

Hockey's popularity as a sport is declining...more people watch mls now. $4-5k to play second tier hockey is a big reason why...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version