Forum > General Youth Hockey Info

Any changes for next year in PA?

<< < (2/8) > >>

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on February 12, 2024, 08:20:21 PM ---genesis will not be in AHF.

--- End quote ---
As a parent currently with Genesis I'd welcome a change and a switch to the AHF. Being in a division with a whopping 7 teams this year sucked. I know playing in the EJ is an option but we played the same DVHL teams in that league, how exciting. I truly didn't enjoy the last 2yrs in the DVHL and may consider looking at other options, if the kid agrees to do so.

Guest:
Heard a rumor one of the Wilkes Barre programs is shutting down.  Anyone have any insight?

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on February 15, 2024, 06:37:41 PM ---Heard a rumor one of the Wilkes Barre programs is shutting down.  Anyone have any insight?

--- End quote ---
The Knights only had 3 boys teams in the AHF and 2 girls teams in the AGHF while the JR Penguins had 6 total teams in the DVHL. It makes sense to only have 1 tier2 club in that area, being the rinks are only 15-20min apart. The question is which one folds and which league do they play in. The Knights have tier1 and Juniors plus I believe a college or 2 play out of Revolution Ice Center so is ice time an issue there? If so keeping the Jr Pens makes sense.

Guest:
Genesis would make a ton of sense until you take into consideration the Montagna. He is President of Genesis with 2 sons coaching. He's like the Godfather of the DVHL. Dave Jackson is the VP and Co-Commissioner of the DVHL. He was a long time Wildcats/Genesis board member. Hopefully the Montagna's and Orlando's realize they have losing cards and beg their way into the AHF.

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on February 16, 2024, 08:45:19 AM ---
--- Quote from: Guest on February 15, 2024, 06:37:41 PM ---Heard a rumor one of the Wilkes Barre programs is shutting down.  Anyone have any insight?

--- End quote ---
The Knights only had 3 boys teams in the AHF and 2 girls teams in the AGHF while the JR Penguins had 6 total teams in the DVHL. It makes sense to only have 1 tier2 club in that area, being the rinks are only 15-20min apart. The question is which one folds and which league do they play in. The Knights have tier1 and Juniors plus I believe a college or 2 play out of Revolution Ice Center so is ice time an issue there? If so keeping the Jr Pens makes sense.

--- End quote ---
Heard the Knights are falling apart at all levels Tier2, AAA & Juniors

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version