Author Topic: Sucker Punch In Youth Hockey Game  (Read 18735 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 October 21, 2019, 12:01:26 AM
Watched plenty of games where punches were thrown. Never seen anyone get more than a roughing. Refs don’t want to deal with paperwork and everything involved with suspensions. Feel it makes them look bad for not controlling the game, which is usually accurate.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 October 21, 2019, 09:19:11 AM
What age group/teams is that? Looks like Grundy.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 October 21, 2019, 10:11:22 AM
Intent to injure. Suspension.

What age is this? Grundy?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 October 21, 2019, 11:30:10 AM
You have video. I’d go to both the local police and the state hockey association. That kid shouldn’t set foot on the ice again.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 October 21, 2019, 11:32:31 AM
Wow!  Not saying it’s right but if that had happened when I played youth hockey there’s no way that kid gets off the ice in one piece.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 October 22, 2019, 11:45:54 AM
You have video. I’d go to both the local police and the state hockey association. That kid shouldn’t set foot on the ice again.

You want a kid to go to jail and get a lifetime ban because someone threw a punch in a hockey game?  Lighten up, Francis.

It's unfortunate the one player was hurt and the kid who the the punch should be disciplined by the league - but discipline needs to be proportionate or it loses all meaning.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #16:
 October 22, 2019, 11:47:13 AM
You should send this to the league Referee in Chief. Things can be done after the fact.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #17:
 October 22, 2019, 01:04:38 PM
If the officials missed the punch, I firmly believe it is up to the player's coaches to ensure proper consequences are given. If that player's coaches also didn't see it at the time, I would certainly go through your coach and club to escalate the incident to the appropriate administrators.  Attach the video.

If my kid ever did that, he would have some serious consequences from mom and dad!

Rule 620 | Head Contact
(Note) Head Contact is the action of a player contacting an opponent in the head, face or neck with any part of the player's body, equipment or stick.

(a) A minor plus a misconduct or major plus a game misconduct penalty shall be assessed for head contact to an opponent.

(b) A major plus a game misconduct penalty shall be assessed to any player who injures an opponent as a result of head contact or who intentionally or recklessly contacts an opponent in the head, face or neck.

(c) A match penalty for attempt to injure or deliberate injury to an opponent may also be assessed for head contact.

In any incident where intent to injure is determined, it takes precedence over the defined penalty (ie fighting).  If the refs are claiming they didn't see it - then it's tough to assess intent to injure.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #18:
 October 22, 2019, 09:02:23 PM
Grundy Senators Bantam...not for nothing, the punch was a bitch move and someone could have been seriously injured..but the kid who got hit has had some dirty plays himself.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

tree408

Reply #19:
 October 23, 2019, 06:21:56 AM
Grundy Senators Bantam...
There's a shocker

Who was the other team?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: