Author Topic: Release from a contract???  (Read 15658 times)

Description:

Release from a contract???
Topic: August 18, 2020, 09:25:23 PM
In everyone’s experience ... are clubs typically willing to release a player from their contract????   

Or is something that they really fight you on?? 

Might be looking to get away from a tier 2 club.   I was
Not happy at all with this team selection process / no tryouts ... with the rinks being closed and the team I thought we
We’re signing up will not nearly be as strong as I hoped. 

Just want the ability to explore some other options so we can
Find the best fit. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 August 18, 2020, 09:40:45 PM
yes, they will probably give you a release.  If you don't want to be there, nobody will want you around.

But they might not give you a refund.

Team not strong enough?  oic
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 August 19, 2020, 02:25:19 AM
#strongorwrong

the way we look at things.......

how about playing with friends, good coaching, close to house

little Freddy is not going to NHL
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 August 19, 2020, 06:17:38 AM
Joining a new rink either way .... we moved to a new state (PA).  The team we want to leave is close to the house but Freddy has way more friends with a higher level team a little further away.  That team also has a non-parent full time hockey coach who has stayed with the team for years and who I am a fan of. (versus a Dad Coach).   It’s about being challenged and getting better and top competition versus dropping down a couple pegs for convenience.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest19198,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 August 19, 2020, 08:24:55 AM
Joining a new rink either way .... we moved to a new state (PA).  The team we want to leave is close to the house but Freddy has way more friends with a higher level team a little further away.  That team also has a non-parent full time hockey coach who has stayed with the team for years and who I am a fan of. (versus a Dad Coach).   It’s about being challenged and getting better and top competition versus dropping down a couple pegs for convenience.

If this scenario is better for your kid, why didn't you just try out for this team to begin with?

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 August 19, 2020, 08:38:07 AM
Depends if the team who picked Freddy looks at Freddy as a better player. You definitely won't get your first payment back and some are known to not allow you out of your contract at all unless you pay them the full dues because they punish you for leaving.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 August 19, 2020, 08:56:48 AM
I’m the midst of a pandemic where my family was extremely effected and moving .... hockey was Not on my mind at all.  Had a different life perspective too.  Moved and thought the rink so close to the new house would be a good choice.  Like I said the team is not what I expected or was led to believe when I signed up.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted heartreaction:
Guest15670,

Reply #7:
 August 19, 2020, 10:30:16 AM
There are significant differences between different clubs. Some are willing to let players out of contract, while others make it extremely difficult/impossible. You are more likely to get a release if the team your player was placed on has enough skaters (or goalies) to field a team once you leave.

There are also levels of releases:

- Release without refund
- Release with refund
- Release with permission to play for another travel club

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #8:
 August 19, 2020, 03:05:26 PM
Well the club has more than enough players which was another issue ... high numbers on the roster when told rosters would be small.   Haven’t paid much other than a deposit and the team hasn’t done much of any yet. 

Not looking to switch to the competition either.  Want to go from tier 2 to tier 1
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #9:
 August 19, 2020, 03:22:22 PM
Going from tier 2 to tier 1? That’s just sets off all kinds of alarms for me. Something in there you’re not telling us. As far as the release, depends on the club and your relationship with the powers that be. I’ve seen release with full refund to an outright no.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: