Author Topic: Quebec Pee-Wee Tournament  (Read 35606 times)

Description: News

Reply #20:
 November 20, 2023, 11:13:01 AM
Does anyone know if Woodbridge has a Quebec team for this year?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #21:
 November 20, 2023, 12:31:02 PM
Who cares? Quebec is not what it used to be. It used to be the best players at AAA played in this tournament. Now you have fringe players/teams going to get their butts kicked by better teams. Save your money for privates!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest17815,Guest16895,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest11013,Guest10034,Guest19140,Guest11083,Guest15507,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #22:
 November 24, 2023, 12:16:02 PM
Who cares? Quebec is not what it used to be. It used to be the best players at AAA played in this tournament. Now you have fringe players/teams going to get their butts kicked by better teams. Save your money for privates!

i wonder if that's the same guy keeps posting everywhere how it "used to be great", dude, you sound like an annoying sore looser ... not sure what happened to you when you used to play hockey, but let it go
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest14974,Guest17721,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest14630,Guest12417,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #23:
 November 24, 2023, 04:12:00 PM

i wonder if that's the same guy keeps posting everywhere how it "used to be great", dude, you sound like an annoying sore looser ... not sure what happened to you when you used to play hockey, but let it go

I never played hockey. I was a D1 lacrosse player. My nephew played in the early 2000's and now my kids play. I watched great competition at Quebec and AAA hockey (all levels) back then, but now the competition is subpar. Not because of the players, but because of parents paying huge amounts of money to go get destroyed by 10 goals. Then coming home thinking their kid is great because they made a Quebec team. Quebec only cares about your money, not your kids talent. The best players from NJ & PA don't even go to this tournament anymore! Multiple kids on my sons 2011 AAA were asked to try out for Quebec and all but 1 said "no thanks". It is a waste of time and money. Get a clue before you start bashing me for speaking the truth!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest11751,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #24:
 November 25, 2023, 11:24:07 PM
maybe someone on here can list the pewee Quebec teams that are playing this year from the northeast
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest10577,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest15039,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #25:
 November 25, 2023, 11:37:19 PM
maybe someone on here can list the pewee Quebec teams that are playing this year from the northeast

depends on the team, there are teams that dont charge a lot ( rangers, devils, flyers, islanders ... ) , there are teams that charge an arm and a leg (li stars, buritos, etc  ...). parents have a choice here, by the time kid is eligible for that tournament parents should be well aware what team their kid is playing for and make an informed decision ...
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #26:
 November 25, 2023, 11:38:28 PM

as of now they do not have team this year
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest14485,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #27:
 November 25, 2023, 11:39:48 PM

depends on the team, there are teams that dont charge a lot ( rangers, devils, flyers, islanders ... ) , there are teams that charge an arm and a leg (li stars, buritos, etc  ...). parents have a choice here, by the time kid is eligible for that tournament parents should be well aware what team their kid is playing for and make an informed decision ...

clicked on the wrong button here .....
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #28:
 November 27, 2023, 07:28:29 AM

I never played hockey. I was a D1 lacrosse player. My nephew played in the early 2000's and now my kids play. I watched great competition at Quebec and AAA hockey (all levels) back then, but now the competition is subpar. Not because of the players, but because of parents paying huge amounts of money to go get destroyed by 10 goals. Then coming home thinking their kid is great because they made a Quebec team. Quebec only cares about your money, not your kids talent. The best players from NJ & PA don't even go to this tournament anymore! Multiple kids on my sons 2011 AAA were asked to try out for Quebec and all but 1 said "no thanks". It is a waste of time and money. Get a clue before you start bashing me for speaking the truth!

Thanks for telling us how to spend our money, can you help with how to invest in my 401K as well?  Cool humble brag on playing D1 Lacrosse.... that added a lot to the conversation.

For those wondering, if you can afford it and your child is lucky enough to make a Quebec team, it's a wonderful experience both athletically and culturally.  To my family, it was well worth every penny..... and to "D1 Lacrosse", our kid's team didn't lose any games by 10 goals or even close to that.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest12238,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #29:
 November 27, 2023, 08:53:09 AM
Hey 401k- D1 LAX here. You must have played BB division if you did not lose by 10 goals. Quebec used to be AAA only, when it was a great tournament. Now, just a watered down money grab!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest18922,Guest15265,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Pewee Quebec 07 or 08 AA players needed to fill roster for this years Pewee Queb

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 14
Views: 13115
Last post January 15, 2020, 05:14:18 PM
by Guest
Hockey Quebec: Drastic Measures In Place For Return To Play

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 1
Views: 7301
Last post August 05, 2020, 08:43:35 AM
by Guest
Peewee Quebec FAQ