Author Topic: Black Bear Folded our Program  (Read 2013 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 January 30, 2024, 08:52:45 AM
Update - It looks like Black Bear's plan is to startup 2 new programs at the rink:

1) A brand new Tier 1 AAA program with teams at the Squirts/PW/Bantam level which is going into a region where there are already very established Tier 1 organizations. They will play in BB's THF league.

2) A brand new Tier 2 program with teams at the Mite/Squirt/PW/Bantam/Midget level that will play in the state league and BB's AHF league.

The current program that is playing out off BB's rink has been put out on the street and the future is uncertain. Rinks and ice availability is few and far between so no idea on what is happening.

Also, BB is charging a $200 tryout fee for both programs. The Tier 1 program tryouts will take place 2 weeks prior to the Tier 2 tryouts.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest19714,
No reactions
Members reacted angry1:
Guest15255,
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 January 30, 2024, 01:01:49 PM
$200 tryout fee that's insane. O wait, I've been paying that much for tryouts for the past 4 yrs at our NON BB rink for tierII hockey.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest15018,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 January 31, 2024, 09:20:45 AM
This happened to the West Chester (PA) Quakers at Ice Line (non BB rink).

Association Information - MYHockey

The Quakers managed to build their own rink (or re-refurbish a building which used to house a rink). Westtown is the rink's name. 

You could try to do something similar - or - just surrender to "Mitch and Murray" from downtown like everybody else.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted heartreaction:
Guest15227,Guest17179,Guest11268,Guest13684,Guest15802,Guest11734,

Reply #13:
 February 01, 2024, 02:03:24 PM
I am going downtown to talk to Mitch and Murray.....

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 February 01, 2024, 02:08:33 PM
"I am here from downtown...I am here for Mitch and Murray"

1:35

7:48

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 February 08, 2024, 06:30:48 AM
The dreaded BB bought a rink that obviously the previous owner no longer wanted. Them bastards are keeping it a rink rather than another buyer who may have closed it, ripped it down and put up something else like a warehouse or apartments.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest16180,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #16:
 February 08, 2024, 09:18:56 AM
The dreaded BB bought a rink that obviously the previous owner no longer wanted. Them bastards are keeping it a rink rather than another buyer who may have closed it, ripped it down and put up something else like a warehouse or apartments.

I actually agree....even though I happily bash BB.....it sounds like "hockey " will improve at your rink.  The downside is that prices will skyrocket, you'll have to travel to PA and NJ and BB will kill the non-profit club that's been in existence. 

The non-profit clubs try to keep costs down....BB tries to drain every penny.   There is good and bad. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #17:
 February 08, 2024, 09:55:59 AM
The current club is out and BB is starting their own club out of the rink. My best guess is that they will stay in their current league plus be a partial AHF team doing the showcases.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted angry1:
Guest15931,
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #18:
 February 08, 2024, 10:01:11 AM
The current club is out and BB is starting their own club out of the rink. My best guess is that they will stay in their current league plus be a partial AHF team doing the showcases.
Just looked and this is what it said on the rinks site says about TierI and TierII.
Wolf Pack South will field teams at the Squirt Major, PeeWee Minor, PeeWee Major and Bantam Minor levels. These teams are a member of the Tier 1 Hockey Federation (THF) and USA Hockey. The THF is a USA Hockey sanctioned Tier-1 Youth Hockey League that offers a highly competitive environment for Tier 1 and elite hockey clubs nationwide. The THF is managed by a team of dedicated professionals with over 290 AAA teams, ranging from 9U-18Uage levels.

The Connecticut Clippers will field teams from Mite through Midgets levels. These teams except Mites, will participate in the Atlantic Hockey Federation (AHF), a USA Hockey sanctioned elite Tier-II youth hockey league that facilitates games throughout the northeast. The Clippers are also a proud member of the Connecticut Hockey Conference (CHC).
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #19:
 February 09, 2024, 09:00:18 AM
VFC no BB rink is charging $500 deposit for tryouts for tierII, $200 sounds decent to me
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

For-profit hockey rink operator Black Bear sues AHAI

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 4
Views: 10999
Last post November 10, 2023, 01:40:18 PM
by Guest
Black Bear Purchases Royals LLC and Wintersport Closing