Author Topic: What are your future plans for Hockey?  (Read 5038 times)

Description:

What are your future plans for Hockey?
Topic: April 22, 2020, 10:49:43 PM
Curious as to the mindset of parents right now regarding the future of hockey for next season.  Are you chomping at the bit for rinks to open and get your kids back on the ice as soon as possible or will you take a cautious approach and not rush your child back into what could be a dangerous setting inside a hockey lockeroom? 

What changes to a possible 2020-21 season do you foresee happening?  Business as usual or major changes?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 April 25, 2020, 09:26:08 AM
to be honest, I do not miss any of it.  a much needed break that may lead to just leaving it altogether.  much better things to be doing that jerking off driving around the states in a hopeless clusterf of moronic parents, coaches, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 April 25, 2020, 12:48:30 PM
I have spoken to a lot of parents whose kids are either losing interest or miss it intensely. Some are rethinking organizations, especially for Squirts and PeeWees when they see how some organizations handle Bantams and above. I think it will all come down to when it all opens and who still wants to play and what restrictions will be placed on rinks.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 April 25, 2020, 02:02:38 PM
What guarantees will orgs be willing to give that if another lock down occurs mid-season that parents will be reimbursed for remainder of season that is lost? That will put orgs in a tough spot.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 April 25, 2020, 03:41:38 PM
There is no chance any club is going to give back money at any point regardless of any type of situation. It's dispersed among the club owners and in their bank accounts as soon as registration is complete. And their car payments and season tickets for all of Philly sports are paid in full.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 April 25, 2020, 03:53:41 PM
This time period would’ve been a natural break in our hockey year anyway until summer camps leading into the season.  My son keeps in contact with some of his teammates and hockey is mostly about being with his friends for him.  I know he misses playing.

I’d love to get back to it eventually, but certainly it has to be reasonably safe first.  Life isn’t without risk, but there will likely need to be some measures in place to prevent a hot spot of Corona at a hockey rink.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 April 26, 2020, 01:54:46 AM
There is no chance any club is going to give back money at any point regardless of any type of situation. It's dispersed among the club owners and in their bank accounts as soon as registration is complete. And their car payments and season tickets for all of Philly sports are paid in full.
You’re an idiot
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #7:
 April 26, 2020, 05:03:45 AM
I think unfortunately there’s a very real possibility there is no travel hockey season this year.  Spring and Summer sports are pretty much all canceled already.  South eastern PA needs to have average new cases per day below 30 (for Montco) for 14 straight days to even move into the “Yellow” phase and the Yellow phase doesn’t include youth sports.

I’m thinking the best we’ll get this fall is team practices or clinics with limited # of people in attendance and no lockerroom access. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #8:
 April 26, 2020, 10:10:55 AM
With the AAHA sending out surveys to families about their willingness to sign with clubs and pay deposits. That’s got me thinking clubs are worried about turnout this coming season. My son is a 05 birth year. 16u minor. We were considering checking out different clubs for tryouts but at this point we are going closest to home.. both of my sons summer tournament teams are of the opinion that if rinks are open they are playing. My family had the discussion multiple times we are of the opinion that if my sons teams are playing my son will be there. We know there is a risk we don’t have contact with anyone that would be considered high risk for the virus to affect so we have made the decision to not live in fear...
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #9:
 April 26, 2020, 06:59:00 PM
Spring and Summer sports are pretty much all canceled already.  South eastern PA needs to have average new cases per day below 30 (for Montco) for 14 straight days to even move into the “Yellow” phase and the Yellow phase doesn’t include youth sports. 

I thought the target number was 50. Regardless, today the data from Bucks County shows 231. A long way to go.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Summer Plans? Hockey, hockey, more hockey and then hockey season...

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 8
Views: 7441
Last post April 18, 2019, 11:15:38 AM
by Guest
The future of East Coast Youth Hockey and Black Bear Sports Group LLC

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 30
Views: 28103
Last post November 09, 2023, 11:40:33 AM
by Guest
The future of youth ice hockey and the burgeoning inline hockey race