Author Topic: tier !  (Read 19913 times)

Description:

Reply #40:
 March 16, 2022, 07:10:11 AM
I said what I said, you saw them a bunch of times, big deal. I believe I saw them a bunch more. Most teams in the AY have 1 strong line and the rest are 3rd line at best, that would be the parent that wants the extra A for their kid. We have all real solid players and top goaltending,  that's why I said it would be a good game not great. I believe if you take their top 12, which would probably be 2nd and 3rd line AAA players and the best goalie it would be a good game. You can have your opinion and I will have mine.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest15223,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest10986,Guest13882,Guest11911,Guest11625,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #41:
 March 16, 2022, 07:46:43 AM
Its fine to have an opinion but you are wrong. Flat out. Those teams 2nd line guys would dominate AA. Its not even close. Again there are players who play AA that can play AAA for sure. But those teams would run circles around a AA all star team. Theres two types of AAA. Pay to play and elite level hockey. Those teams play elite level hockey. Even what you would consider their weaker players just by experience alone its night and day skating against those types of players. Experience matters. You ever been to an invite tournament with top 10 teams at this level and seen the level of play and then go watch AA hockey? They aren't even in the same atmosphere. You put no relevance to any factual data either. Those teams smashed teams in the 50-75 range and those are the lower end AAA teams in the country. Those teams beat AA teams pretty easily. Why are 2012 teams beating the best AA teams? They are a year younger. For a lot of AAA it is just a letter grab. 100 percent. But the elite level teams its just different. And you said LV has 11 skaters. They dont even have a 3rd line. Makes no sense. Create your AA all star team and I guarantee either of those 3 teams beat that team by more than 5. There is likely zero AA guys that would be point a game guys playing top 25 AAA teams all year.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest10749,Guest14008,Guest12574,Guest16782,Guest17402,Guest14021,Guest16168,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest16967,Guest15085,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #42:
 March 16, 2022, 09:51:54 AM
When all these posters’ kids age out of youth hockey, they will be embarrassed about how they were obsessed with tracking and arguing about 7, 8, 9, and 10 year old kids.  And if they aren’t, that’s a completely different issue they will need to deal with. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest11461,Guest10550,Guest13229,Guest13486,Guest17760,Guest17091,Guest14209,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #43:
 March 16, 2022, 10:01:09 AM
When all these posters’ kids age out of youth hockey, they will be embarrassed about how they were obsessed with tracking and arguing about 7, 8, 9, and 10 year old kids.  And if they aren’t, that’s a completely different issue they will need to deal with. 
We'll see how many of these kids are still playing Tier 1 when the real talent doesn't show up until their Bantam minor year
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest14829,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #44:
 March 16, 2022, 10:13:58 AM
calm down, the key word was a good. To me a good game is a AA team losing within 8 goals. A great game would be 5. But I'm making an all-star team and to be fair I will  stay in PA and Jersey, I'd take the top line and defensive pairing from the York Devils, North Pitt Wildcats, New Jersey Kings Blue and NJ Bandits AA clubs plus which ever 2 goalies are the best of the 8. Give them a month to practice together and I think  you have a great game. With covid I've seen a bottom in the standings B National go into a low A tournament and win it and I've seen a low A National team have to play AA teams in tournaments winning 1 game and losing 3 games by 2 goals in each. Which in my book an A team losing to a AA team by 2 is a great game. This is fun, your turn.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest15169,Guest12653,Guest12744,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest10932,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #45:
 March 16, 2022, 12:07:48 PM
I understand what you are saying but you are off base. You can have that roster. They get smoked by those teams. I am not talking about even the score. I look at puck possession. They would lose by more than 5 give up 50+ shots, get less than 10, and possess the puck less than 25% of the time. Look at the data. None of those players except maybe 1 would even be an elite level AAA player. (I'm not talking about the goalies.) Those teams play the top of the top week in and week out. Those players you are mentioning have no clue what its like to play Mid Fairfield, Pens Elite, ROCO, etc. Those teams are a different breed. You are trying to say AA is anywhere close to the pace of play of the top end of the birth year. Its light years apart. Those teams beat AA 2010 teams by 10 the year before. Its not the same. Anyone of the players on those teams would be the best AA player in either league and likely lead the league in scoring. Those AA teams didnt even beat bottom AY teams. The Predators lost to bottom AY teams by more than a few goals. Can good AA players end up being elite AAA players when they are older. Absolutely. You just dont have a clue though about the pace they play. Chasing the puck around in your own end all game isnt a good game. You can find scores where other teams (AAA) ones who beat those AA teams got like 3 shots.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest16792,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #46:
 March 16, 2022, 01:22:33 PM
Does it really matter, you guys are to funny. What is like 98% of youth players go to play at different levels of beer league hockey. Some maybe beer league all stars, mine won't even be that, but that's ok. He simply loves playing and that's what matters. He's an A national goalie for his travel club and made AA on 2 spring tournament teams, and that's good enough. Let the kids play and enjoy the game, in the end it's the parents money to spend how they want.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest17565,Guest17835,Guest16855,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted heartreaction:
Guest13490,Guest16407,Guest14377,Guest13484,

Reply #47:
 March 16, 2022, 04:09:17 PM
There are “good” 2011 & 2012 birth year teams in the tri state area and then there are the ridiculously elite teams like MF Rangers, ROCO 2011, and Pens Elite. My son is a AAA squirt, played MF 2012 and came away with smiles after getting blown out by “only” 11 goals. They were happy to have “kept it close”. Those teams are on a whole different level. Not many kids playing in AYHL or DVHL at any level could make those teams.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #48:
 March 17, 2022, 12:06:48 PM
There are plenty of individual players in the Atlantic District that could make the rosters at MFF, ROCO, etc.  The difference is the depth those teams have across their lineup compared to the top teams in NJ/PA.  MFF draws from a much larger pool of players than the teams here.  Not taking anything away from them though.  They also have great coaching and develop the crap out of those kids, but having more talent to choose from certainly helps.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest12356,Guest12867,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #49:
 March 17, 2022, 07:31:12 PM
There are plenty of individual players in the Atlantic District that could make the rosters at MFF, ROCO, etc.  The difference is the depth those teams have across their lineup compared to the top teams in NJ/PA.  MFF draws from a much larger pool of players than the teams here.  Not taking anything away from them though.  They also have great coaching and develop the crap out of those kids, but having more talent to choose from certainly helps.

#allroadsleadtobeerleague

everyone take a deep breath and watch March Madness

as someone who has been there, done that, AAA does not matter till Bantam Major

go enjoy watching your kids, don't be a problem, be part of the solution with youth hockey parents
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Hollydell 2018 tier 1 status? Is this happening?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 8613
Last post May 14, 2018, 09:09:33 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
Educate me on Tier 1 Programs

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 5
Views: 7058
Last post November 21, 2018, 07:46:23 AM
by Guest
Tier 1 vs Tier ll Hockey A to Z - More Bang For the Buck?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 19
Views: 35914
Last post June 29, 2020, 08:41:10 AM
by Guest
Revolution Youth Tier II

Started by RevolutionBoard Youth Hockey Info Center

Replies: 0
Views: 9262
Last post March 06, 2019, 12:36:45 PM
by Revolution
Revolution Youth Tier ll NEW PRICING!