Forum > General Youth Hockey Info

How are tryouts?

(1/7) > >>

Guest:
How are tryouts where you are at?  A few orgs haven’t had their first yet, but many have. Is your kid’s team still looking for players?  Is it well run and kids getting placed appropriately?  Are the perennial free agents jumping ship?  Is it a complete shitshow?

My kid’s kid's tryout went about as expected.  A few second years on the team, but mostly first years.  A few new kids, one perennial free agent.

Guest:
Learned just how worthless tryouts are at the club we left. I looked at the registrations and picked the teams based on the teams barely changing in 5 years. Players making the team because the parents are all drinking buddies. Meanwhile, my kids got legitimate looks at their new clubs and are thrilled to compete next season.

Guest:
Heard Igloo Jags 12U, 14U & 18U a mess. Not enough talent for AA as too much talent moved on to Hollydell, Mercer, NE Skate Zone, Pennsauken and 18U talent graduated. Kids that left for other rinks moved for better coaching. Igloo trying with VW, but too little too late.

Guest:
Heard PHC 2011, 2009 and 2010 all blew up.  Beach team gone.  Just a mess around

Guest:
Don't forget PHC 12's to lost a ton, so 09,10,11,12's at PHC dismantled. Something isn't right.

Beach deserves what he gets losing, 8 very talented players leave all because of the coach. He should have been let go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version