Forum > General Youth Hockey Info

Games vs Practice

<< < (2/3) > >>

Guest:
This is a great article on that:

How Much is Too Much? - MYHockey

hollydell teams are usually good in the early fall, when they have an advantage from having all their kids skate all off-season. But then by mid November, everyone else has caught up and the hollydell kids are burned out

it's run like a cult there, parents are so pressured to have their kids on the ice all the time, especially when extra ice time is available

Guest:
My lord you people just post anything without knowledge or facts.

EHL is tier 3 junior not midget. It produces D3 players not D1.

This is why these forums get shut down. Bunch of misinformed parents.

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on May 12, 2023, 09:03:15 PM ---My lord you people just post anything without knowledge or facts.

EHL is tier 3 junior not midget. It produces D3 players not D1.

This is why these forums get shut down. Bunch of misinformed parents.

--- End quote ---

So misinformed, hub. NCDC produces a lot of D1 kids. EHL D3 and D2. Point is Hollydell is over rated and burns kids out. Also "You know who" techically quit because Hollydell had the class to allow a legend to quit rather than be fired. If PHC is so grear why did 2011 team lose 8 players and 2012 team lose a bunch? While 2013 PHC had a great year, watch as they slowly come back to pack as kids get older. It is PHC m.o.!

Never knew Hollydell parents/coaches were so defensive?

hockeydad321:

--- Quote from: Guest on May 12, 2023, 01:12:25 PM ---Every D1 committed player was a product of PHC. None came from other programs and none were in their junior program at any time.

EHL doesn’t produce any D1 players. D3 players at best come from that league. Hollydell is no longer affiliated with USPHL but NCDC is the same as EHL, D3 players.

Its easy to come on these forums and sound like an authority but you clearly have no understanding of how junior hockey works or the landscape beyond the birth year your child plays.

Btw “you know who” didn’t get fired he quit.

--- End quote ---

Your comment on EHL is kind of correct. EHL does produce mostly D3 & D2 players. But NCDC produces a lot of of D1 players. I guess that is why Hollydell is no longer affiliated with NCDC! So you are off a little their. Not sure you are correct about all players were from Hollydell? Hollydell is producing fewer college players each year. I don't count players that may have played until 12U Minor, then jumped ship to another rink, which is happening a lot (2011 PHC, 2012 PHC). You develop players at young ages, they get older older and either leave or stagnate. Here is an idea, tell the kids to play another sport, stop with 70+ game per year schedules, tell them to get off the ice for 8-10 weeks a year, play spring/summer tournaments at proper level (rather than down a level), prioritize good sportsmanship, fair play, deprioritize winning and then maybe kids will not leave your rink at 12 & 13.

Go have another drink at Dunlops and then drunkenly yell at the refs!

Guest:
EHL - tier 3 junior. Produces NCAA D3 players and ACHA D1-3 players. There is no NCAA D2.

NCDC is low level Tier 2 junior. 1 NCAA D1 commitment last year.

If you don’t believe this search District President Glenn Herferen and you will find a graphic he put together for 2022.

Very few legitimate NCAA D1 caliber players stay in this area and play midget. They go to hockey academies and prep schools. Mostly because high school hockey and the AYHL do nothing but hinder exposure and development. I don’t care about Hollydell or any other rink but your information is not correct.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version