Author Topic: AHF Gretzky & Lemieux Divisions  (Read 31603 times)

Description:

Reply #20:
 November 16, 2023, 02:56:14 PM
How is he THF, AHF AA Pure, Gretzky and Lemieux format working this year? My opinion is bad hockey all around. Not enough AA players to fill out Pure AA teams. This trickles down to lower divisions as talent at Gretzky is lacking and Lemieux is basically B level. McDavid division is like house league. THF is basically 80% AA to A teams with other 20% legit AAA teams. AAA players on every THF team but some teams have at best 5 legit AAA players. Skating at all levels is also just bad. Have kids regressed this much since BB took over rinks and top skills/skating coaches were fired? BB ruined hockey on the east coast!

Guess its time to move your kid(s) somewhere where they can get the elite competition you crave before the scouts miss out on them and their (i.e. your) dreams are ruined.

Are your kid(s) having fun and want to go the rink for practices/games?  Are they getting better?  If the answer to those is yes... who cares, enjoy while you can!!!!

Hopefully you have more going on in your life than watching "good" youth hockey.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #21:
 November 21, 2023, 08:08:52 AM
How is he THF, AHF AA Pure, Gretzky and Lemieux format working this year? My opinion is bad hockey all around. Not enough AA players to fill out Pure AA teams. This trickles down to lower divisions as talent at Gretzky is lacking and Lemieux is basically B level. McDavid division is like house league. THF is basically 80% AA to A teams with other 20% legit AAA teams. AAA players on every THF team but some teams have at best 5 legit AAA players. Skating at all levels is also just bad. Have kids regressed this much since BB took over rinks and top skills/skating coaches were fired? BB ruined hockey on the east coast!
Yes because the DVHL / NJYHL and others are so competitive and awesome, not. Guess that's BB's fault also. The reason hockey in the tri state is getting watered down is because we have too many AAA parent wannabees that will pay the $ for the can pound their chest and say my kid is AAA. It's a trickle down effect that starts at AAA. Less AAA clubs means stronger AAA, AA, A and B teams. This was an issue before BB, you must be new to the area.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest13327,Guest19358,Guest10699,Guest12732,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest18751,Guest11466,Guest12656,
No reactions
Members reacted friendly:
Guest12041,
Members reacted heartreaction:
Guest19125,

Reply #22:
 November 21, 2023, 01:02:14 PM
I think you are mistaken. My kid plays AAA in THF. I went this route because the pure AA in AHF is a joke. You have about 3 teams at each level that are legit high AA teams and some low to mid AAA (at current AAA level). The competition is just too low top to bottom at AA. My kid, while not a superstar at AAA, is a superstar at AA. And why are there so many AAA teams now? Because BB took over rinks and added AAA teams where there were none! This is a new phenomena and BB is ruining it. Did BB need to start the THF to compete against the AYHL? No. Did BB need to have pure AA teams this year? No. They did it because of money. They need to get parents to pay $4500 for pure AA and $4200 for A. While AAA is $5k+, BB AAA teams are higher than non-BB rinks. Who is at fault for this? BB is!

Also, 90% of parents (and kids) on our team would be happy to back to AA. We are not "AAA parent wannabees" as you say. We just want our kids to play good competition and get good coaching. Most Tier 2 rinks have below par coaching. AAA coaching is far better and you get more for your money. With that being said, I would take 2 day a weeks practice and supplement with privates if the competition was good. It is not and this is all BB fault!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest19866,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #23:
 November 21, 2023, 01:34:08 PM
I think you are mistaken. My kid plays AAA in THF. I went this route because the pure AA in AHF is a joke. You have about 3 teams at each level that are legit high AA teams and some low to mid AAA (at current AAA level). The competition is just too low top to bottom at AA. My kid, while not a superstar at AAA, is a superstar at AA. And why are there so many AAA teams now? Because BB took over rinks and added AAA teams where there were none! This is a new phenomena and BB is ruining it. Did BB need to start the THF to compete against the AYHL? No. Did BB need to have pure AA teams this year? No. They did it because of money. They need to get parents to pay $4500 for pure AA and $4200 for A. While AAA is $5k+, BB AAA teams are higher than non-BB rinks. Who is at fault for this? BB is!

Also, 90% of parents (and kids) on our team would be happy to back to AA. We are not "AAA parent wannabees" as you say. We just want our kids to play good competition and get good coaching. Most Tier 2 rinks have below par coaching. AAA coaching is far better and you get more for your money. With that being said, I would take 2 day a weeks practice and supplement with privates if the competition was good. It is not and this is all BB fault!

The poster of "AAA wannabees" wasnt talking about everyone, but there are enough that have ruined the other levels

I am not sure what team your child is on, but consider 2011 AAA in NJ:

12 teams

The 10th and 11th teams, per my hockey rankings, have played teams ranked in the top 5. Scores of some of those games? 15-3, 14-1, 14-1, 16-0 and 12-0. Those teams have no business being AAA

So how many AAA teams do you need at an age group within an area, when you also consider teams in NY, PA and DE also have NJ kids going there

So out of the 12 teams, maybe there should be 3-5 in NJ. Then we are talking 100+ kids that would beef up AA, and then kids playing AA (who are really A), are then sloted appropriately...
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest12183,Guest16374,Guest19659,Guest16564,Guest11215,Guest10435,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #24:
 November 21, 2023, 01:48:26 PM
Is BB the only league that has pure AA birth years, no. Was watered down hockey talked about 3-4 yrs ago when we were part of the DVHL, yes. The fact is before BB & AHF/THF the area had too many AAA clubs, that took anyone willing to pay, period. Other than the mite full ice AAA how many AAA clubs did BB force to be made that weren't already at the rink when it was purchased?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest17721,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #25:
 December 06, 2023, 06:50:51 AM

What team? put a name with your "superstar" AA player. Let us be the judge if he is a "Superstar" and if he is then he should be AAA to get better, he will not benefit by playing those not worthy to lick the ice he spits on.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #26:
 December 06, 2023, 12:55:04 PM
Connor McDavid Jr.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest13407,Guest18779,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #27:
 December 07, 2023, 10:25:28 AM
Come on fellas, even my squirt B kid who only gets 3-4 shifts a period is a superstar in my eyes just wouldn't say it out loud. Hopefully you don't refer to him as a superstar around him or his head will be as swelled as yours.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest17999,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #28:
 December 12, 2023, 08:42:07 AM
It's not parents that ruin hockey - it is easy to see in every corner of every dark spot, greed and the money grab has overtaken the sport, with these trogolodytic characters from the dropouts that charge 75 for a skate to the "owners" who overcharge for an ice cut or rape you because they have a nahl team - parents are getting fleeced, there is no doubt.  In the end, like someone said earlier, have fun and enjoy it, if your kid is good, he/she will be good regardless and see what happens, don't force it - you might extinguish the passion.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest18608,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest12711,Guest14318,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #29:
 December 14, 2023, 01:30:33 PM
Just wondering what it cost to own, operate and insure an ice rink since you are so knowledgeable on the subject. That ice slot pays for everything under the roof including the rink owned pro shop employees. I see more of a parent issue than anything that is hurting hockey, from yelling at opposing player, parents and officials. My son loved playing "covid" hockey with only the teams and refs in the buildings over the shit show we see in rinks week in and week out in travel and scholastic. The "dropouts" must be pretty smart getting highly educated parents to put out $75 for a skate.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest12766,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

When will we see NJYHL declarations/divisions for the coming season?

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 5
Views: 8629
Last post June 27, 2020, 05:34:50 PM
by Guest
When are we going to see the divisions/declarations for the coming year?

Replies: 38
Views: 17346
Last post August 17, 2020, 09:51:53 AM
by Guest
NJYHL Divisions 2020-2021

Replies: 1
Views: 7829
Last post August 04, 2020, 11:53:10 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
NJYHL divisions for this year?