Author Topic: Approved Tier I teams for Atlantic District  (Read 9840 times)

Description:

Approved Tier I teams for Atlantic District
Topic: March 25, 2019, 11:37:35 AM

ADMIN EDITED: Image added by administrator

When will these be posted?  Already later than last year.  Always like to see the programs that are not approved, call themselves elite, and con families to $5,000 to $6,000 for the season.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 March 25, 2019, 11:44:10 AM
Try contacting Glenn Hefferan to push them along

PRESIDENT
GLENN HEFFERAN
W: 201-965-2242
F: 201-510-0365
E: [email protected]
Glenn Hefferan (@AAHAGlenn) on Twitter
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

James

Reply #2:
 March 25, 2019, 12:09:22 PM

ADMIN EDITED: Imaged added by administrator

When will these be posted?  Already later than last year.  Always like to see the programs that are not approved, call themselves elite, and con families to $5,000 to $6,000 for the season.

So you would like to see what “politicians” decide what is Tier 1....I can prove to you for fact , that when it come to girls Hockey.....a program may be given a Tier 1 but have been handily beaten by “Tier 2” teams....at tournaments and out of district league play....and have been for years. Take a look at Jr Flyers “Tier 1” 19 team they have went 2-44 vs Tier 1 completion this year. While also being beat by local tier2 teams.
If your talking more about boys.....I apologize for giving too much info.
Can you elaborate on what teams you feel are ripping people off because they are not part of the “district club”
If and when it’s done correctly, teams (the actual players) can benefit from any team ....... doesn’t matter what label you stick on it
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

James

Reply #3:
 March 25, 2019, 12:27:07 PM
I still don’t understand why you need a label to tell you how much to pay? Wouldn’t it be better to look at the coach, program structure and current players/success?
Some may just like paying 5k for a Tier 1 team magnet for the back of their car......
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 March 25, 2019, 12:40:54 PM
According to last years approval information, they're a week overdue with posting.

EDIT - Updated 3/25/2019 @ 2:27pm

Somebody with more detailed knowledge of the restructuring might be able to provide better information. This is a memo from Glenn Hefferan Nov 18, 2018 in regard to restructuring how tier 1 clubs and teams are selected.

TO: AAHA Member Clubs & Team
DATE: November 21, 2018
RE: AAHA Executive Committee Rescinds Tier I Moratorium

On November 1, 2018, a notice was issued that placed a temporary moratorium for the
application of new Tier I teams and that the AAHA would be restructuring the process and
requirements for the approval of Tier I Teams. This was a decision of the AAHA Executive
Committee. As a condition for the moratorium, the AAHA Executive Committee required that
we obtain from USA Hockey their acknowledgement and support for the Tier I moratorium and
restructuring. That request was formally issued on July 10, 2018 and then a follow up on
August 6, 2018.
On November 13, 2018, we received notice from USA Hockey indicating that "The USA
Hockey Executive Committee expressed its support for the AAHA Affiliate evaluating and
making modifications to its current process and criteria for selecting Tier I clubs and
teams...However, the Executive Committee was not supportive of AAHA imposing a
moratorium on any new Tier I clubs because it is believed there are less restrictive ways to
address the issue, including the existing national rules and limitations for the approval of
Tier I teams and placing caps on the number of Tier I teams in each age level.”
Therefore, the AAHA Executive Committee took up the matter at its scheduled Quarterly
Meeting on Monday, November 19, 2018 and based upon USA Hockey’s position, the AAHA
Executive Committee rescinded the moratorium on new Tier I Team applications.
Those Clubs wishing to make Tier I application should do so and we encourage all applicants
to review the AAHA Rules and Regulations in their entirety, and specifically on the Tier I
application and all Tier I related requirements as found in the AAHA and USA Hockey Rules
and Regulations.

Link to memo
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 March 26, 2019, 08:27:49 AM
Does anyone know why the minutes from NJYHL meetings are no longer posted on the website.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 March 26, 2019, 08:36:25 AM
Can only assume it's a collaborative effort to stop sharing info. DVHL and AAHA are the same, they post their meeting dates but provide no insight or useful information regarding agenda or talking points for their members.

I guess they prefer rumors and assumptions for their membership(s) to hypothesize instead.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

MOVED: 2020-2021 Approved Tier 1 Teams

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 6122
Last post April 16, 2020, 11:28:17 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
2020-2021 AAHA Approved Tier 1 Teams