Author Topic: Top Squirt Teams in the Area?  (Read 5514 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 May 03, 2021, 12:30:35 AM
You are absolutely correct. I should have been more careful when looking at 21-22 Squirt teams in area. Genesis is not having a AA SQ team next year. However, I think what I wrote about AAA teams is a fairly informed opinion.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 May 03, 2021, 09:43:04 AM
Yes, i agree i have also heard that LHV is very very good and the Titans. I have been told that the PHC 2011 Team is absolutely stacked with tons of talent and will be a top 5-10 team in the country, which is really good for the club and the area.

To the negative people on this thread, don't follow the post if you have nothing good to say. Who cares if it is 10 year olds, if you followed youth hockey you would know there is amazing talent in our area and it is a great thing for parents/coaches etc to talk about them regardless of what level and how much parents pay.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest14367,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest14756,Guest15817,Guest10609,Guest13428,Guest13978,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 May 03, 2021, 04:51:44 PM
Clearly you are one of the idiots that thinks your 10 yr old “has talent” and is already being scouted... Check back when he’s 17 or 18 and his primary “sport” is cup stacking...  Meanwhile please keep writing those $7k checks!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest13069,Guest12204,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest10549,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 May 04, 2021, 10:42:46 AM
How did PHC 11 take so many kids from flyers elite? Thought 2 player limit for t1
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 May 04, 2021, 10:58:05 AM
I am curious to how that is being handled. From what i heard they can not compete in any league format for 1 year, i am not sure how true that is. But i have had conversations with a few people at PHC and the 2011 team is loaded with players from Flyers Elite/PHC and a few others that came over.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 May 04, 2021, 12:08:46 PM
I am curious to how that is being handled. From what i heard they can not compete in any league format for 1 year, i am not sure how true that is. But i have had conversations with a few people at PHC and the 2011 team is loaded with players from Flyers Elite/PHC and a few others that came over.

I could be wrong, but if Flyers Elite gave them a release, does that override the 2 player rule?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #16:
 May 04, 2021, 12:23:20 PM
I honestly have no idea what the rule is. It will be interesting for sure
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #17:
 May 04, 2021, 02:55:59 PM
Just got this in email from the district

INFORMATION ON 2021-22 AAHA TRYOUTS AND CLUB/TEAM ROSTERING RULES & PENALTIES
IMPORTANT GUIDANCE FOR PARENTS AND CLUBS

With the USA Hockey Nationals concluding, 2021-22 Season tryouts for 14U and older will begin under the following schedule:
USA Hockey and AAHA rules provide requirements for tryouts and contracting period, which begins 48 hours following the conclusion of the National Championships. From the 48 hour period, or May 5, 2021, all players are free to attend “open skates” with any Club. Clubs may offer Tryouts and contracts according to the schedule above.

AAHA rules also provide that contract offerings to families must be consistent with these dates. For example, during Tier I Tryouts, Clubs must not offer a Tier II or Independent team contract until the authorized dates.

TIER I YOUTH – Generally speaking, Tier I Youth Clubs are structured as “Minor” and “Major” (read as 1st and 2nd year player for that birth year), and most Clubs have been approved to make such team offerings; however, some Clubs have sought to add a third team at a given age level. Offering contracts to 3rd team at any Tier I Classification is strictly prohibited. Tier I Clubs seeking to offer a 3rd team at any age category classified as “Independent” and or “Non-National Bound” must do so on or after the Independent Tryout date of May 17, 2021.

TIER I YOUTH & GIRLS – The AAHA published the approved Tier I Clubs and the levels and specific teams they are authorized to offer contracts for the 2021-22 season.

TIER II YOUTH & GIRLS – Approved Tier II Programs are generally structured as AA, A, and B. It is appropriate for Tier II Youth & Girls teams to offer contracts for any Tier II AA, A, or B level team on or after the stated Tier II tryout dates for Youth and Girls.

INDEPENDENT TEAMS – Approved Independent Clubs may conduct tryouts and offer contracts on or after May 17, 2021.

RECRUITING: Recruiting as defined by USA Hockey (Annual Guide page 139) and the AAHA (Page 22 – AAHA Rules & Regulations) is strictly prohibited until 48 Hours after the conclusion of the USA Hockey Nationals. It is applicable for all Tier I levels regardless of age and Tier II National bound levels. Coaches that violate the recruiting rules will be sanctioned. Parents are encouraged to report illegal recruiting; otherwise, you are part of the problem too.
PLAYER MOVEMENT & ROSTERING REQUIREMENTS

Parents, players, coaches, managers, and administrators are responsible to understand the AAHA’s Player Movement and Team Rostering Requirements and the obligation of both the parents and the Club to their adherence to these rules and regulations.

IMPORTANT: FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE REQUIREMENTS MAY RESULT IN SANCTIONS TO THE CLUB, TEAM AND / OR COACH, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: LOSS OF TOURNAMENT-BOUND STATUS, DENIAL OF ROSTER PRIVILEGES OR REMOVAL OF PLAYERS DEEMED TO BE INELIGIBLE DUE TO VIOLATIONS OF USA HOCKEY, AAHA RULES, AND REGULATIONS, PARTICULARLY AAHA PLAYER MOVEMENT AND ROSTERING RULES.

1)      It is the Club’s responsibility to know who’s on their ice for tryouts and identify each player’s previous team and level.
2)      FOR TIER I YOUTH & GIRLS TEAMS: Organizations fielding Tier I Youth teams ages 10U to 16U are prohibited from rostering more than two (2) players who were rostered on a Tier I team the previous season and not more than four (4) players who were rostered on a Tier II Team the previous season.

Players who attend tryouts for their previous season club and are cut, not offered a contract, or move up within the same organization (provided they were members of the same club the previous season) are exempt from the Two (2) / Four (4) Player movement rules.
    18U Tier I Youth and 19U Tier I Girls Teams rosters are exempt from the Two (2) / Four (4) Player movement rules.
    Clubs and Leagues use terms like “American,” “National,” “Premier,” “Elite,” etc. The Affiliate does not give any deference to these terms, and they are not a determinative factor as to whether a player is considered “Cut” or not “offered a contract.” The Affiliate does recognize Tier I Major and Minor and awards Tier I status on that basis to its approved Clubs.

EXAMPLE #1: A 12-Year-old “played up” in the 2020-21 season on a Tier I 14U Major Team. During the 2021-22 tryouts for the same Club, the same player is offered a contract to play Tier I 14U Minor. The player is not considered “Cut” and is deemed to be offered a “Tier I Contract.”
EXAMPLE #2: A returning Tier I Youth player attends the Club’s 16U Tier I Youth tryout. The Club offers the player and family a contract to play for the “Tier I 16U Midget American Team”. This player would not be deemed as being “Cut” from Tier I, provided the Club is authorized to hold Tier I tryouts at that level. A complete list of approved Tier I Youth and Girls Clubs, along with their approved levels, is listed here: CLICK LINK FOR TIER I LIST

3)      TIER I 16U – EXCEPTIONAL PLAYER – Tier I 16U Youth teams may roster only one (1) underage player starting with the 2021-22 Season.
4)      FOR TIER II YOUTH & GIRLS - Organizations fielding Tier II Youth or Girls Roster shall not roster more than three (3) players from another Tier II Roster where the Head Coach and or the Assistant Coach was also from the previous season’s roster. In simple terms; Coaches can’t take their team with them if they leave to join another Club. The exceptions are for those who:

Participate at the 18U or 19U Girls Level
    Attend tryouts for their previous season club and are cut, not offered a contract, or move up within the same organization (provided they were members of the same club the previous season).
    Join a Club or organization that is based out of the same ice arena that the Head Coach and or the Assistant coach’s team utilizes for the majority of their practices and home games in their prior season.

5)      NEW - INDEPENDENT, NON-TIER I, NON-TIER II, NON-SCHOLASTIC: Independent teams are generally those teams that travel and participate in winter season tournaments and games; however, they are not sanctioned as Tier I or Tier II. These teams are subject to roster restrictions effective the 2021-22 season. All Independent teams shall not roster more than two (2) players from any Tier I team or four (4) players from any Tier II team from the previous season. The only two exemptions are those who try out with their original organization and are cut or not offered a player contract or players who join a club based out of the same arena as their previous club.

Any additional questions should be directed to [email protected].
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #18:
 May 05, 2021, 09:46:01 PM
Thank goodness we have the AAHA to keep us in line with its endless rules..... They make hockey so much better.... 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Patriot Ice Center: Fall Squirt Challenge Tournament

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard Clinics, Camps, Tryouts, Tourneys etc.

Replies: 0
Views: 4997
Last post May 11, 2018, 08:36:07 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
DAHA Eliminates Traveling Squirt "A" Program

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 4396
Last post September 05, 2018, 09:38:34 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
Spartans Hockey Fall Teams

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info