Author Topic: Spring Hockey  (Read 424 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 April 30, 2024, 02:52:06 PM
Unless you are connected, don't fool yourself into thinking the District PeeWee Quebec "tryouts" are anything more than a donation.  Each team is already 95% selected. 

This is true about Brick, Quebec and most Tier 1 AAA teams as well. Hockey is the one sport where talent loses out to connections. I have a son playing hockey who is AAA on a District top 5 team and his team has maybe 1 opening every year. I have a son who plays soccer at the equivalent to AAA and every year the players are on edge because they bring in about 5-6 new players per year.  When it comes to tryouts, ice hockey is a joke. It is more about who you know than how good you are!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest17150,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted heartreaction:
Guest14063,

Reply #11:
 Today at 10:55:02 AM
Unless you are connected, don't fool yourself into thinking the District PeeWee Quebec "tryouts" are anything more than a donation.  Each team is already 95% selected. 

This is true about Brick, Quebec and most Tier 1 AAA teams as well. Hockey is the one sport where talent loses out to connections. I have a son playing hockey who is AAA on a District top 5 team and his team has maybe 1 opening every year. I have a son who plays soccer at the equivalent to AAA and every year the players are on edge because they bring in about 5-6 new players per year.  When it comes to tryouts, ice hockey is a joke. It is more about who you know than how good you are!

not 100% true, if the kid is not good at all he will not be on the team, if the kid is OK and have connections, he will end up on the team (as oppose same kid w/o connection would have no chance). If the kid is very good/amazing he will get on the team regardless of connections.

I've seen both, connected and just OK kid and really good kids. The issue with connected kids, even though they get on the team ( taking someone else's spot ) they are not getting much of ice time at all ( making those connected parents really unhappy )
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 Today at 01:29:12 PM

Hockey is one of many sports were connections matter more than talent.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Girls hockey for spring and summer tournaments

Started by JmfarrierBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 10
Views: 9588
Last post March 19, 2019, 08:36:53 PM
by Youth Hockey Info
Youth Hockey Spring/Summer Tourney Teams