Author Topic: Philadelphia Revolution officially granted Tier 1 status  (Read 17490 times)

Description:

Reply #20:
 February 25, 2020, 07:30:44 PM
True that!  Youth hockey in the US is a complete fiasco (with the possible exception of MN which has its own model).  USAH collects millions in mandatory fees and has done absolutely nothing to improve youth hockey. If you doubt that ask what it’s contribution has been over the prior decade - ADM, inane rule changes, etc.  The US produces top hockey players by virtue only of its size and youth hockey in its current form fails far more players than it supports.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #21:
 February 26, 2020, 12:06:10 PM
AAA is a sales ploy to get parents to think if they join the Royals they will eventually get right into the AAA program.  Black bear bought the rink to make money, it's what they do.  Look in Chicago where they rinks.  If they own the majority of rinks in one area they trap parents into paying what they want to charge.  The management of the organizations hasn't changed so expect the same moderate skilled teams for a higher price when parents can go elsewhere pay less and have their player improve without paying the inflated prices.  It's all about the money!!!!!!!!!

Every rink owner buys a rink to make money. No profit in a rink equals no hockey. The Royals (even post-Black Bear) have one of the lowest rates around and it includes non league ice time and tournament fees. It's cheaper than playing at hatfield (where my kids play), which included zero tournament fees last year. Black Bear doesn't have a monopoly on hockey in the Delaware Valley, and if you look around, all of the prices are pretty darn close becuase that's how markets work. Having ownership that knows how to turn a profit only helps youth hockey. Just look at York...they replaced their profitable management with a new company and now they're in the hole.

My kids plays at hatfield becuase they like playing with their friends, but we've taken several lessons over at the Rev. And I'm not the only one. There are kids from several other tier I and tier II teams going there for skills training becuase they have some really talented coaches. The coaches and program there may not meet your high expectations, but the number of Rev alumni that played on NHL and NCAA ice this season is greater than zero. So, from where I sit, it's hard to make an argument that they know nothing about development.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #22:
 March 10, 2020, 10:46:02 AM
What league is this Tier 1 program playing in?  I haven't seen anything on the website and I dont know about you people but I'm not paying a T1 price for a in house rec league or for the EJ. ::)
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #23:
 March 10, 2020, 11:39:00 AM
What league is this Tier 1 program playing in?  I haven't seen anything on the website and I dont know about you people but I'm not paying a T1 price for a in house rec league or for the EJ. ::)

They'll never get voted into the AYHL. Only other local options would be EJ and USPHL. Just saw that those 2 leagues are combining for Squirts through Bantam. Who knows if the Rev requested to join the USPHL for Midgets.
My guess is a lot of tournaments and non-league games.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #24:
 March 10, 2020, 01:19:22 PM
What are they offering besides it's a T1 program. I have seen nothing about what league. how many games. Tournament practices ect... and how much its going to cost us the parents. And if they do post the EJE that's not a T1 league everyone knows that.  As for non league games...come on
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #25:
 March 10, 2020, 02:48:10 PM
What are they offering besides it's a T1 program. I have seen nothing about what league. how many games. Tournament practices ect... and how much its going to cost us the parents. And if they do post the EJE that's not a T1 league everyone knows that.  As for non league games...come on
Show's on the site EHL logo my guess would be that league. But I cant find Revolution apart of the new league in the EJE/USPHL. Only teams I see in it are as followed. Jersey Hitmen, Rockets, Palmyra Blk Knights, CP Dynamo,  New York Avatars, Pal Islanders, PHC, Jersey Shore Whalers, Hartford Jr. Wolfpack, CT Jr. Rangers,  Wolverine Hockey Club,  Carolina Jr. Hurricanes. I hope this helps. I dont no about you but that's alot of traveling to CT, LI, NC, NJ and Hershey. For a league that is pretty much been watered down. IMO.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #26:
 March 10, 2020, 03:25:08 PM
Show's on the site EHL logo my guess would be that league. But I cant find Revolution apart of the new league in the EJE/USPHL. Only teams I see in it are as followed. Jersey Hitmen, Rockets, Palmyra Blk Knights, CP Dynamo,  New York Avatars, Pal Islanders, PHC, Jersey Shore Whalers, Hartford Jr. Wolfpack, CT Jr. Rangers,  Wolverine Hockey Club,  Carolina Jr. Hurricanes. I hope this helps. I dont no about you but that's alot of traveling to CT, LI, NC, NJ and Hershey. For a league that is pretty much been watered down. IMO.

EHL is a Junior league which is where their soon to be former Jr team plays in.

The only teams listed for this new EJ/USPHL division are ones that are currently in the USPHL. I'm guessing they probably let other teams into the Platinum division.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

SOLD! Philadelphia Revolution and Revolution Ice Gardens

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 17
Views: 11999
Last post October 11, 2019, 03:51:24 PM
by Guest
Former Flyer Doug Crossman Coaching 14U A Philadelphia Revolution