Author Topic: 2024-25 Movement  (Read 35856 times)

Description:

Reply #300:
 April 13, 2024, 04:36:42 PM
I'm just sitting here watching all of the players jumping to teams far and wide after being cut by bottom 3 AAA teams. It really does blow my mind that more than a few families I know will now drive well over an hour a few times a week to play on a bottom team JUST to keep that Tier 1/AAA ego inflated. Wonder how much the kids are going to enjoy a season driving 2-3 hours a night for practice, not able to hang with the kids on the team, and getting crushed every weekend.

well, some times kid is cut not because he is at the bottom of the team, there are multitude of reasons. One of them (but not necessary the only one) - conflict with the coach's son (and not necessary fault of the kid). Fast forward a year or two, the kid that was cut is one of the top scorers in THF.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest18981,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #301:
 April 15, 2024, 11:01:27 AM

i did notice Rockets sent every single age to Nationals ( except for 13O ) this year. I wonder if those teams were developed from the early age, or just scouted from the outside. For example Avalanche replaces the whole team at 15O ( they really start from 14U major ) with the billets from MI, canada, and top talent from the region. Maybe 1 kid from early ages ( SQ / PW ) makes it to the team on a typical year.
So is the Rockets good with development / scouting or little bit of both ?
[/quote

This is completely incorrect.  The 15O Avalanche last season had 11 players who were promoted from 14U, not 1.  Most of those kids were at the Avalanche from SQ or PW.  They do bring in billets, but so do the Rockets and Wilkes Barre.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #302:
 April 15, 2024, 12:06:34 PM
Every rink contributes to development. Hollydell acts like they are the premier rink for development, but many PHC players at younger ages work with other rink coaches. PHC, FE, FY, LF, JRF and Mercer players take skating and edge work with Paces, privates at Pennsuaken, Clinics/camps at Igloo, Hollydell and goalies from all teams takes privates at Pennsauken, Revloution and Hollydell. Players from all teams also do off-ice at with multiple trainers. It is not one team or organization that develops these kids. There are multiple coaches and rinks involved in helping these kids reach their goals. I wish the rinks would stop spreading lies about and each and have the kids best interests in mind. Every rink offers something to these players and if you are just staying at one rink and not skating with other coaches, you may not reach your goals. Branching out and trying different things is what makes the great players great. Even Guy let his son play for other coaches once he Bantam. No one coach has all the answers and working with as many coaches as you can allows players to pick up different things.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest11677,Guest10071,Guest10062,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #303:
 April 15, 2024, 12:34:25 PM

i did notice Rockets sent every single age to Nationals ( except for 13O ) this year. I wonder if those teams were developed from the early age, or just scouted from the outside. For example Avalanche replaces the whole team at 15O ( they really start from 14U major ) with the billets from MI, canada, and top talent from the region. Maybe 1 kid from early ages ( SQ / PW ) makes it to the team on a typical year.
So is the Rockets good with development / scouting or little bit of both ?
[/quote

This is completely incorrect.  The 15O Avalanche last season had 11 players who were promoted from 14U, not 1.  Most of those kids were at the Avalanche from SQ or PW.  They do bring in billets, but so do the Rockets and Wilkes Barre.

14U Major - they added 10 new players to the roster last year ( from 14U major to 15O ), the team was coached by the best U14 coach in Avalanche who is a pretty good coach but also good at recruiting kids.
14U Minor - last year was not doing too well, i don't expect to see any kids to progress to 15O at that org (maybe 1).
13O - did really well, but there was only 1-2 kids who were progressing from the PW Minor (after the team fell apart right before PW minor season, and was given to that same good coach) to 13O, everyone else are from outside
12U - Major, completely changed. I think only 2 kids are left from original crowd
12U - Minor from previous year fell apart and was given to the same coach (as 14U Major), i expect in 2 years the majority of the team will be replaced

so in general not a good story to tell from the player development point of view

### I'm not saying that Rockets are better, i was literally asking if they are good at developing / recruiting or both ?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #304:
 April 15, 2024, 12:50:06 PM
Every rink contributes to development. Hollydell acts like they are the premier rink for development, but many PHC players at younger ages work with other rink coaches. PHC, FE, FY, LF, JRF and Mercer players take skating and edge work with Paces, privates at Pennsuaken, Clinics/camps at Igloo, Hollydell and goalies from all teams takes privates at Pennsauken, Revloution and Hollydell. Players from all teams also do off-ice at with multiple trainers. It is not one team or organization that develops these kids. There are multiple coaches and rinks involved in helping these kids reach their goals. I wish the rinks would stop spreading lies about and each and have the kids best interests in mind. Every rink offers something to these players and if you are just staying at one rink and not skating with other coaches, you may not reach your goals. Branching out and trying different things is what makes the great players great. Even Guy let his son play for other coaches once he Bantam. No one coach has all the answers and working with as many coaches as you can allows players to pick up different things.

true
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #305:
 April 15, 2024, 01:32:25 PM
FE is not AAA just the price
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest16848,Guest11140,Guest10274,Guest14029,Guest13147,Guest17869,Guest11944,Guest13148,
Guest14626,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted heartreaction:
Guest13501,Guest12647,

Reply #306:
 April 15, 2024, 01:46:19 PM

How much is it ?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #307:
 April 15, 2024, 02:47:03 PM

I always thought they should come in a lot lower than the others as a way to get talent in, then slowly increase when they can get the talent there to stay.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #308:
 April 15, 2024, 04:12:28 PM

I always thought they should come in a lot lower than the others as a way to get talent in, then slowly increase when they can get the talent there to stay.

its a business after all, as long as parents are paying on a consistent basis, why not charge what they charge.
making the cost lower and going through that exercise its an investment that might or might not pay off
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #309:
 April 16, 2024, 12:57:59 PM
It's amazing how bitter people are that FE grew so much these past two months...FE offers more ice time than any other program in the area. And the prices on the website, aren't what people paid. AAA is a program offering, and a big industry called YOUTH SPORTS.  If you want a "AAA" go chase a super team, that's a 60-90 minute drive...Have fun.

It's comical how bitter Flyers Youth are on here, because they lost so many players and coaches to FE. FY can't even compete with other Tier 2 programs, let alone FE.

FE will have more ice this off season, than FY will have all season.

Reality set in last night at FY tryouts- Who's laughing now ML? Maybe if mimic other T2 programs this summer, and offer ice to your members, instead of just doing a four day camp at the end of August...I know this isn't something FY can afford, but it's time to invest before you have noting to invest in.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Delaware Hockey Situation (2024-2025 Season)

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 21
Views: 3047
Last post April 24, 2024, 05:24:08 PM
by Guest