Author Topic: 18A petition  (Read 29682 times)

Description:
18A petition
Topic: August 30, 2023, 08:09:00 AM

Please sign and share our petition to get Districts back for U18A kids. This affects kids in DVHL, AHF, and NJYHL
CHANGE.ORG
This campaign needs you now ---> https://www.change.org/p/reinstate-district-championship-for-u18a

This years players and the future 18A players need your support. For some of them this is their final year to play. District Champs is one heck of away to end your days playing the game you love, don't let the AAHA take that away. The link can easily be found on the DVHL and AHF discussion groups.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest14556,Guest13370,Guest19632,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 August 30, 2023, 11:21:15 AM
With all the clubs and players this petition should be in the 1000s in no time. If you don't sign and support it why be part of this great sport. This will impact kids for yrs to come, not just this year.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 August 30, 2023, 03:53:16 PM
Can someone post the link to the petition? I will sign but I can't seem to find it.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest12730,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest13433,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 August 31, 2023, 08:33:36 AM
I get it.. I do. But the 18A level,  these kids for the most part are good kids, but there is zero consequence for them. Unless you have the level very restricted. Non-check, and extreme penalties you cant have an 18A division. Its even tough to control the 18AA towards the end of the season.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest19823,Guest12054,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 August 31, 2023, 10:17:28 AM
If that is the case on why not to have 18A why then allow seniors to play varsity? Why have the Flyers Cup, same situation. Fine parents, fine organizations, fine coaches instead of suspensions.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest13277,Guest13603,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest12349,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #7:
 September 01, 2023, 07:17:18 AM
I wish I could post on the DVHL discussion group to respond to Murry Gunty on the 18A District comment. They blocked me over a year ago for calling them out for being hypocrites. My fine suggestion would go like this. If you qualify for districts each player/parent must prepay a $500 fine to play, no pay no play. The coaching staff prepays a combined $500 fine and the organization prepays a $1500 fine per team in districts. If no suspensions happen then everyone gets their money back. However if my kid on team A gets suspended in a games against team B, team B gets my kids fine money plus a cut of the coaches and organizations money to be used however team B wants.

if someone could copy and paste for me that'd be great

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest19229,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest18875,Guest15988,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #8:
 September 01, 2023, 08:03:10 AM
I truly believe the AAHA will not budge. I like the fine idea and the DVHL, AHF and NJYHL should work together and use it to have their own district championship tournament. Bring the top team from NJ and DE from each league plus top 2 from PA in each league. Have it at a neutral site. My sons scholastic team last year played an away game at Body Zone outside of Reading. They have 2 sheets and are a lite independent club with no ties to any league.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest16484,Guest15162,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #9:
 September 01, 2023, 11:10:53 AM
I truly believe the AAHA will not budge. I like the fine idea and the DVHL, AHF and NJYHL should work together and use it to have their own district championship tournament. Bring the top team from NJ and DE from each league plus top 2 from PA in each league. Have it at a neutral site. My sons scholastic team last year played an away game at Body Zone outside of Reading. They have 2 sheets and are a lite independent club with no ties to any league.
😂🤣You really think the leagues and clubs care about the 18A players. It's all about AA and Nationals. They care about the 16A and younger A levels because they can develop into possible AA over the years. All 18A is good for is the extra money the get to help cover cost for the AA and that's what matters at that age. If the leagues and clubs cared about the 18A players they would have been upfront about the districts back in March before evals even started. They didn't and why? Because, they know many that didn't make AA would have walked knowing they weren't even playing for district champs. If they really cared about the 18A level the leagues would have put pressure on the AAHA not to do away with them. If they really cared they would have worked together to come up with a plan B for 18A to have a District Champ, like some have suggested on here and other discussion groups. Finally, do parents really care? I signed the petition and only 1312 others. How many players does it impact this year and how many the following yrs and yet only 1312 took the 20secs it takes to sign it.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest11250,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Petition To Allow Spectators At School Sports Events

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 8
Views: 7388
Last post August 05, 2020, 04:10:38 PM
by Guest