Author Topic: EJEPL showcase only 10 players at a time.  (Read 23519 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 August 12, 2020, 08:15:00 AM
Its all horse shit. I can go in to walmart wearing a mask and shop around, stand in a mile long line to pay, but I can not go inside an ice rink to watch my kid play?
Keep moving the goalposts. What scientific fact says 25 people is the magic number? But hey dont worry you can go shop around at home depot till midnight.
Ohh and lets leave 5 kids inside a locker room un-supervised for 20 mins. Let me know what safe sport violation I need to file.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 August 12, 2020, 08:15:37 AM
April Fool's. Lol
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 August 12, 2020, 08:18:05 AM
That is the dumbest idea yet. Shuttle players from locker rooms, no parents, 10 players max, 1 coach. The EJ will suffer this season. non sanctioned tournaments will thrive.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 August 12, 2020, 08:18:47 AM
Quit EJ it's a senseless league to pay all of the extra dues for. Arrange games locally and buy ice on rent to play.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 August 12, 2020, 08:24:58 AM
Your opinion sucks. Its actually a very well run league from top to bottom. Its a supplemental league. If you think its anything other then that well, thats on you. Its grown year after year. Don't blame the nonsense of covid on the EJ.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 August 12, 2020, 08:28:40 AM
This is such BS.  If you think I am not going to watch my kid play hockey, you are crazy.  There is no reason why parents can't be in the stands or even around the rink to watch if they have masks on.  There is plenty of room to socially distance.  There are more people in restaurants that I eat in and I don't even wear a mask inside.  You need to rethink this disastrous plan of yours or you will lose teams to the league.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #16:
 August 12, 2020, 08:43:17 AM
Bail out. I can see it now all of the parents fighting because their kid wasn't picked to play both halves while others are. Get you money back!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #17:
 August 12, 2020, 08:51:28 AM
No adults are allowed in the rink. The league is supposed to be supplemental to showcase your kids talent to coaches and recruiters.What are you showcasing and to who?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #18:
 August 12, 2020, 08:52:10 AM
What’s a bunch of BS.  My kid just played a tournament at IceLine in West Chester last weekend.  Game was played as normal with a full roster on the benches, normal compliment of coaches on the bench, and parents in the stands.  The only difference from last season was the coaches and parents had to wear a mask at all times inside the facility, and the players had to wear a mask at all times they didn’t have their helmet on. 

FWIW, IceLine has played looser with the rules than any other rink I've been to this summer, and it's going to catch up to them.

Also keep in mind that any rink that doesn't follow the state guidelines will void the EJ waiver of liability they had every parent sign.  You can't waive away negligence, only risk.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #19:
 August 12, 2020, 09:27:33 AM
I am a liberal and a scientist and this path forward seems very far fetched, even for me. Are you sure it is not 25% as opposed to 25 people? I know for a smaller rink, 25 people may be 25%, but for larger complexes like Iceworks and Iceline, even 25 people per rink is way below 25% capacity. I am fine watching my son from the car. It sucks but it gets them playing so be it.  How about you increase to full rosters, and remove the parents from the bars and resturants? Most parents are going to be outside having a good time anyway.  Oh as like one poster above. It is going to be great people watching when the parents and coaches start fighting becuse thier kid was not picked etc.  I hope this is all a big joke, but sadly, it isn't.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

EJEPL Showcase locations

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 8
Views: 12307
Last post June 17, 2019, 03:14:14 PM
by Guest
pros and cons of DVHL vs EJEPL