Author Topic: Dedicated to AAA & Jr. Parents  (Read 18090 times)

Description:

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 June 21, 2022, 08:36:26 PM
The level of disgust for us AAA parents borders on this site borders on the absurd. This article completely misses the primary point we play AAA at the Sq Major level… because or son WANTS to and LOVES being out on ice, traveling, hanging with his friends on the team, and the competition. He was good enough to make a AAA Sq Minor team last year, we tried out, and he not only made roster but was an integral part of team. Is he going to play in college or pros? I dunno. And like most AAA parents, we DONT CARE. As long as he’s enjoying the experience, we can afford the $ and time for him to do it, and he continues to get better at it, we’ll continue to let him play at whatever level suits his ability.
Mrs. Davidson in the article doesn’t talk about hockey parents per se, but we shouldn’t pretend that arrogant, entitled, ignorant parents are the sole purview of AAA parents. I’ve watched enough of my nephews AA/A games to know that those parents can behave just as poorly. Let AAA parents worry about their own kids. It doesn’t effect you or your children. It literally has nothing to do with you. Why do you even care what we choose to spend our money and time doing with our kids?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest18074,
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted friendly:
Guest16964,
No reactions

Reply #2:
 June 22, 2022, 10:09:12 AM
...we play AAA at the Sq Major level… we tried out...
I'm sorry, who play?  We?  Who tried out, we?
I honestly don't care what you spend your money on.  I think many times people simply point out that AAA hockey at mite, squirt, or PW isn't much different than AA (mite AAA, really?).  Bantam is when the game changes at every level and when the competition at AAA kicks in.  Some all-stars at mite and sq don't like the contact when they hit the older age groups, no big deal.  Many of the AAA kids playing at 14U and older were enjoying their time at AA and you'd be amazed how the rosters turn over at the older ages.  My son didn't start AAA until he was older, most of his teammates are in the same boat, but at 18U I can tell you MOST of them were not playing AAA at mite and squirt.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest17322,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted heartreaction:
Guest16899,

Reply #3:
 June 22, 2022, 02:14:44 PM
...we play AAA at the Sq Major level… we tried out...
I'm sorry, who play?  We?  Who tried out, we?
I honestly don't care what you spend your money on.  I think many times people simply point out that AAA hockey at mite, squirt, or PW isn't much different than AA (mite AAA, really?).  Bantam is when the game changes at every level and when the competition at AAA kicks in.  Some all-stars at mite and sq don't like the contact when they hit the older age groups, no big deal.  Many of the AAA kids playing at 14U and older were enjoying their time at AA and you'd be amazed how the rosters turn over at the older ages.  My son didn't start AAA until he was older, most of his teammates are in the same boat, but at 18U I can tell you MOST of them were not playing AAA at mite and squirt.

What a great comeback to the arrogance of the lower level AAA parent. These people think because their kid is AAA they will be in the NHL. They write that that is not true, but listen these idiots at the rink. Why the hell is any kid younger than 14 or 1 playing in over 100 games a year? Well the AAA parent will tell you my kid loves it so they let them do it. If your kid loves ice cream would you give it to them every meal? No you let you kit do it because you are afraid they will lose the AAA spot and you will fee like a loser at the rink. Wake up and do what is best for your kid, not your ego!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest12019,Guest14466,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 June 23, 2022, 01:10:06 PM
AAA Pee Wee, Squirt and especially Mite parents are the worst. They think because their kid is AAA they can rule the rinks. They also walk into away rinks like they own the place. Some rink parents are ok- Little Flyers & Jr. Flyers come to mind. There is one particular Gloucester County NJ rink that is worse the all the North Jersey Rinks combined.  I am sure you know this rink.  Parents & rink culture are the reasons so many families moved to other rinks.

This attitude is the reason AAA hockey below Bantam should be banned by US Hockey. It does nobody any good, inflates parents/kids egos, and does not improve chances these kids will make AAA at Bantam.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 June 24, 2022, 08:45:55 AM
in retrospect, it would have been better to have my kid play 2-3 sports when he was 8-13, rather than devoting all time and energy to AAA hockey.  So obviously true it is.  As for parental ego and arrogance, yea it exists, but we are all human, all too human.  Just as human as the people pointing their fingers in jealous criticism.  Just as human as the helicopter parents trying constantly to set the table for their kids, forcing better kids off of a team or on a lower line, etc, etc, etc - you are all despicable and so am I!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest10988,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 June 25, 2022, 10:31:21 PM
AGAIN, the hate is real and reeks of jealousy. Why is it that you all assume AAA kids at Sq or PW DONT play other sports and they and their parents are simply consumed with hockey. Its not even close to being true. Most of the kids on my sons AAA Sq Major team play lacrosse in off season and one even made a national select team. And yes, my son played “AAA Mite” not because of the AAA designation but because he was big enough and skilled enough to play full ice Mite in his second year of mites. It was excellent prep for full ice Sq as the coach didn’t have to spend half the season telling kids what is off sides. If you don’t want your kids playing AAA until Bantam, do you. But why hate on those who choose to make a different decision? AAA Squirts aren’t playing 100 games (we played 65 last season) but even if we did, so what? You say your kid is a better player and they’ll prove that at Bantam. Ok. We’ll see. But truthfully, right now, you should just mind your own business and quit the stupid, petty comments.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest17482,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #7:
 June 25, 2022, 10:38:56 PM
Too funny. AAA kids and parents are NOT playing AAA at Sq or PW because they’re “afraid” of losing a spot to an A or AA kid. Does it happen? Sure. In large enough numbers to be a “threat” to most AAA kids? Nope. And comparing letting kids play AAA hockey to eating too much ice cream is a stupid analogy. Too much sweets is harmful. AAA hockey isn’t harming anyone especially not my kid so…
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest12870,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #8:
 July 05, 2022, 02:55:03 PM
Too funny. AAA kids and parents are NOT playing AAA at Sq or PW because they’re “afraid” of losing a spot to an A or AA kid. Does it happen? Sure. In large enough numbers to be a “threat” to most AAA kids? Nope. And comparing letting kids play AAA hockey to eating too much ice cream is a stupid analogy. Too much sweets is harmful. AAA hockey isn’t harming anyone especially not my kid so…

Too much of any sport at suck a young age is harmful. Look at the research. AAA parents are stupid for doing this to their kids. When junior gets cut when he is 14 or 15 and can't understand how players he used to dominated are better than him now, I hope you as the parent will tell him the truth that you failed him. Multiple sports, lower pressure at young ages and well rounded athletes. That is what will get you to the next level. Not AAA year round hockey at 9-12 years of age. WAKE UP!!!!!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest14847,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #9:
 July 05, 2022, 03:04:09 PM
That is what will get you to the next level. Not AAA year round hockey at 9-12 years of age. WAKE UP!!!!!
you're a fool, the only way my mite is getting to the NHL is by being on the ice for 3 hrs a day, 280 days per year.  I don't push him, he makes his own choices and loves it, I have the means to let him do it, it's going to pay off in the end too when he has ncaa d-1 schools fighting over him and he's selected in the first round.  I trust the process.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest19173,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: