Author Topic: Another flyers tier 1 Philadelphia Flyers Elite  (Read 19563 times)

Description:

Reply #20:
 February 11, 2020, 01:10:09 PM
They are trying to mirror the "Penguins Elite" from the other side of the state.   I would not be shocked if like the Penguins Elite (which was started by Lemuiex to give his kid a place to play),  This new flyers elite wears carbon copy uniforms of the Flyers.  Also this will bring them in line with the rest of the teams in the NHL cup that they play in, which are all essentially carbon copies of the big NHL teams.

Unfortunately aesthetic crap like this draws in people, so it wouldn't shock me as this starts the program on a upswing.

TL;DR  -  Flyers elite are flexing their "true" flyers affiliation to rise above the other local tier 1 programs.

This is very true.  Its stupid, but I could see this becoming the premier Tier 1 program in the area over the next 5 years, just from the direct flyers tie in.  In western PA, the Penguins Elite get all the best players and everyone else fights for the rest.   
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #21:
 February 11, 2020, 02:09:08 PM
They are trying to mirror the "Penguins Elite" from the other side of the state.   I would not be shocked if like the Penguins Elite (which was started by Lemuiex to give his kid a place to play),  This new flyers elite wears carbon copy uniforms of the Flyers.  Also this will bring them in line with the rest of the teams in the NHL cup that they play in, which are all essentially carbon copies of the big NHL teams.

Unfortunately aesthetic crap like this draws in people, so it wouldn't shock me as this starts the program on a upswing.

TL;DR  -  Flyers elite are flexing their "true" flyers affiliation to rise above the other local tier 1 programs.

This is very true.  Its stupid, but I could see this becoming the premier Tier 1 program in the area over the next 5 years, just from the direct flyers tie in.  In western PA, the Penguins Elite get all the best players and everyone else fights for the rest.   

How? People are acting like this is a new club. Its just Comcast/Virtua with a new name. That club has been dying a slow death for the last 5 years.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #22:
 February 11, 2020, 04:34:17 PM

How? People are acting like this is a new club. Its just Comcast/Virtua with a new name. That club has been dying a slow death for the last 5 years.

Because people are idiots. The re branding, and the "true" flyers jerseys will draw people in over time.  I know it sounds stupid (and in my opinion it is stupid), but it happens in cities all the time, when a tier I program mirrors the pro team, people flock to it.   It will take a few years as too many people are still entrenched in other programs, but just wait as the next few years of squirt and peewees start to come up, families will migrate to the program.

I also heard that the team got a invite to join the new Under Armour league that is currently poaching all the best tier 1 teams, this league is only Bantam Major and Up.  So you will have one team in the area, in the same league as the pens elite, little caesers, Chicago mission, and Shattucks, which will probably be a selling point to most of the parents who think their kid can make the pro's by travelling all over the country as a 13 year old.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #23:
 February 16, 2020, 03:44:09 PM
Under Armour league is a joke - mere marketing gimmick. Don’t see Chicago Mission, Honeybaked, etc. ever joining. Why would they bother?  Only true T1 program in greater Philly is Jr Flyers which consistently produces decent players and even it doesn’t compare to teams in HPHL.  PHC has one top team others are just so so. Whatever.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #24:
 February 16, 2020, 05:35:35 PM
Jr flyers are a joke, look at their midget records this season. Graves stole money fielding that slop
16 national won 4 games, FOUR
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #25:
 February 16, 2020, 07:25:38 PM
Jr flyers are a joke, look at their midget records this season. Graves stole money fielding that slop
16 national won 4 games, FOUR

Sure one poor year for an otherwise strong midget program. New to hockey?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #26:
 February 18, 2020, 03:36:59 AM
They are trying to mirror the "Penguins Elite" from the other side of the state.   I would not be shocked if like the Penguins Elite (which was started by Lemuiex to give his kid a place to play)...

Not exactly. The Penguins (I'm okay with personalizing it as Mario) pulled their backing from the Tier I Jr Penguins (now the Pittsburgh Vengeance (tier I) and the Steel City Ice Renegades (tier II)) and sponsored the Pittsburgh Hornets, rebranded as Pittsburgh Penguins Elite.  The Pens Elite moved into the newly-opened UPMC Lemieux Complex, where the NHL Penguins practice.  Yes, Mario's kid played for Pens Elite, but no, he did not buy a youth organization so his kid could play AAA. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #27:
 February 18, 2020, 07:43:56 AM
Marios son is in his senior year at college and is on a path to play in the ECHL or lower. Further proof you do not get an automatic free pass or pedigree because your dad was a former great player. He has played at every level hes played because of his dad but Mario isnt getting him into the NHL.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #28:
 February 18, 2020, 02:23:20 PM
My point was that the Penguins tie in, uniforms, and name has essentially made it the the top Tier I team in Pittsburgh.  I could see that same scenario happening with this new Flyers team, if they market themselves right.  especially if those in charge decide to yank the flyers logo from the other programs, which I heard rumblings was being discussed. 

Similar to the way the Penguins ,when changing the Hornets to the Pens Elite, essentially told the Amateur pens and Jr. Pens to re-brand. (They also gave them some money to do so)
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #29:
 February 18, 2020, 04:57:35 PM
No way the Little Flyers are giving up the logo.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

PHILADELPHIA LITTLE FLYERS '07 PW MAJOR TRYOUTS - 2019-2020 SEASON

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 5
Views: 7586
Last post March 19, 2019, 11:36:53 PM
by Guest
Flyers Elite - It's official