Author Topic: Video: You make the call  (Read 7710 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 January 26, 2020, 04:30:15 PM
Reply to Reply #7. Wrong answer. I was at the game. The goalie got a 5 and a game. But you are right, the referee was 5 feet away and didn't call the skater for running into the goalie. Nor did they call any of the numerous hacks to his hand when he covered the puck which whistle or not are supposed to be called a slash.
Watching a 20 second video doesn't tell the story. I don't condone the stick to the head by the goalie. I will say this was built up over the course of the game. The goalie is a High School Junior with no record of taking penalties.
The skater did take a chop to the head and went down like he was shot. Stayed down drawling the major penalty. OK, you see Crosby do it all the time. The skater didn't miss a shift.
Was it a major? Oh yeah. Was the player injured? No.

For the record I'm not related to the goalie nor am I a coach, player or parent on either team.

Bullshit. You just share personal information about the goalie and say you were there and saw everything happening to the goalie but your not a coach, player or parent.

Ok goalie dad
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 January 27, 2020, 05:02:59 AM
The skater didn't touch the goalie. The goalies stick follow through hit the skater as he tried to block the clear against the boards, he went around the goalie as he's supposed to. The goalie swung at the skater viciously and he was given a high sticking major which is an automatic game ejection and 1 game suspension. There was only 7 mins left in the game and his team was losing. The league did nothing after the fact.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 January 27, 2020, 07:42:37 AM
As a parent, I would call it "assault with deadly weapon" . I would have a police report filed, and then call my lawyer
I love when people jump to the "file a report and call your lawyer".  Unreal.  Calm yourself down mommy, this goalie has probably played his last HS game and you what him charged and locked up, of course.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 January 27, 2020, 07:46:38 AM
He'll actually be starting this Friday night vs North Penn. He already sat his 1 game suspension.

This is the box score and game replay. SHSHL Game 98: CR South Golden Hawks vs CB South Titans 1 15 2020
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 January 27, 2020, 07:47:40 AM
The skater didn't touch the goalie.
I'd guess something happened earlier in the game for a goalie to react this way.  Given you know how much time was left and the follow up on the penalty you probably know for sure.  Leaving that out of your story on purpose?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 January 27, 2020, 07:55:04 AM
We post every SHSHL game replay in its entirety and box score for anybody to review at their convenience. Nothing was left out of the post for any reason, the OP is self exclamatory.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #16:
 January 27, 2020, 11:06:19 AM
The goalie swung at the skater viciously and he was given a high sticking major which is an automatic game ejection and 1 game suspension.
That is factually incorrect. USAH penalty options for a High Stick are 2 min minor, 5 min major or 5 min major and game misc.
Call should have been for head contact. That would be a 2 min minor +10 misc or 5min major +game misc.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #17:
 January 27, 2020, 01:03:29 PM
The box score has the penalty listed as a high stick major - A major in High School is the same as a major in club. The player is thrown out and given an automatic 1 game suspension for the next game.
8:48  Council Rock South #44 Jimmy Sweeney High-Sticking - Major (5:00)
8:48 Council Rock South  #44 Jimmy Sweeney High-Sticking - Misconduct (10:00)
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #18:
 January 27, 2020, 03:30:10 PM
Okay, Mike  ::)
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #19:
 January 27, 2020, 04:28:39 PM
The box score has the penalty listed as a high stick major - A major in High School is the same as a major in club. The player is thrown out and given an automatic 1 game suspension for the next game.
8:48  Council Rock South #44 Jimmy Sweeney High-Sticking - Major (5:00)
8:48 Council Rock South  #44 Jimmy Sweeney High-Sticking - Misconduct (10:00)
That is not correct. The referees have a choice. A high stick penalty in USAH is 2 min minor, 5 min major or 5 min major and game misc.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Video Captures Controversial Arrest Of Youth Hockey Coach

Started by guestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 2
Views: 17120
Last post April 27, 2018, 01:54:49 PM
by guest
Coaches tape - Game video sharing and instruction