Author Topic: DVHL Meeting Update  (Read 9198 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 August 13, 2020, 04:29:19 PM
Thanks keyboard Mad Max. Can you educate us with your scientific authority and show us the stats showing sick kids from hockey, how many are in hospitals or dead?

I'll wait here for your rocket scientific answer. How about this, the number of those who want our kids to play FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR out number you egghead news junkies. Stay home idiot and come back when you want the coaches won't miss you cry baby helicopter parents.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 August 13, 2020, 04:45:37 PM
I assume that rant was aimed at me. Author of the conspiracy theory. Yeah, PhD, Data scientist, successful entrepreneur, employ hundreds and happen to be a die hard Habs fan. I vote in most social issues liberal and most economic / foreign policy issues conservatively. Still waiting for your stats and science bullshit to explain to me why capping 25 people in a hockey rink makes sense when there are more people body checking in the aisles at wegmans when fucken WhiteClaw is on sale! Dumbass. All I am saying is that the 25 person cap in a rink is nonsense with no shred of science supporting it, and many other businesses and recreational activities are exempt. If you don’t believe this is a legal and liability issue then I can’t help you see through your asshole. I’d be glad to publish my number and address if you want to talk about it without a keyboard.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 August 13, 2020, 10:08:19 PM
I vote in most social issues liberal and most economic / foreign policy issues conservatively.

That stance does not work anymore.  Socially you would support the rioting anarchists that are causing massive wealth destruction.  I supposed your economic viewpoint would overcome your socially bleeding heart in this case.  And dont hide behind your use of the word "most".

Uh, regarding grocery stores.  I suppose facilitating the ability for mass eating is considered more important than weighing the pros and cons, and risks of kids having recreational time in a frozen building.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 August 14, 2020, 11:10:52 AM
but my youngest is 4 and he would feel lost if he couldn't look over and see us. I cant wrap my head around the idea that it costs almost $3,000 for the season for me not to be able to watch my sons play the game they love.

You pay $3000.00 for a 4 yr old to play hockey?
What the hell is wrong with you?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 August 14, 2020, 11:24:29 AM
is anyone on here really in support of the governors 25 max rule in a building the size of a rink? It really makes no sense and all it does is hurt the rinks and most importantly the kids. The gov should step up and address some of these stupid policies so that kids can at least play a sport and get out of the house. 50 in a rink is more than fair and for any rink allowing this w/ the proper precautions in place is good w/ me.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #16:
 August 14, 2020, 11:45:14 AM
"The gov should step up and address some of these stupid policies so that kids can at least play a sport and get out of the house."

Kids *can* play sports and get out of the house.

Any kid who only has hockey in their lives as a sport and who is not flexible or resilient enough to play another sport outdoors where there are fewer restrictions or have other outdoor activities in their lives, that's the result of poor parenting choices and early-specialization craziness.

Hopefully this semi shutdown will put an end to that kind of nonsense from youth sports parents. It's been a long time coming.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #17:
 August 14, 2020, 11:47:08 AM
I agree, I come in closer contact with people on my weekly grocery shopping trip than I do watching a youth hockey game.  To keep proper distancing don't allow people to congregate after games waiting for junior to come out of the locker room, just have the kid meet you outside, but most rinks are large enough that families can keep their distance.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #18:
 August 14, 2020, 12:01:09 PM

My kid plays 2 other sports but happens to like hockey the most because of the team concept thing that you probably never experienced. I assume you probably played baseball and think thats the ultimate team sport. The point was that rinks are big enough to support 50 people and that making provisions that would cut into the team concept is pointless. Get it or should I break it down into smaller fragments for you to fully comprehend????
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #19:
 August 15, 2020, 12:40:19 PM
but my youngest is 4 and he would feel lost if he couldn't look over and see us. I cant wrap my head around the idea that it costs almost $3,000 for the season for me not to be able to watch my sons play the game they love.

You pay $3000.00 for a 4 yr old to play hockey?
What the hell is wrong with you?

I’m going to guess the total amount was for both kids.

Some kids don’t want to play another sport.  Should we force our kid to pick a second sport to make sure some guy on an internet forum approves of our parenting choices?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

DVHL Update - Rink Capacity And Planning

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 51
Views: 10979
Last post September 03, 2020, 11:59:02 AM
by Guest
pros and cons of DVHL vs EJEPL