Author Topic: Video: You make the call  (Read 7641 times)

Description:
Video: You make the call
Topic: January 25, 2020, 07:14:27 PM

It's a recent High School hockey game between two local rivals. The game is played physically between both squads and tensions are high from beginning to end. There's 5 mins left in the game and the away team is up by several goals. You're coaching on either bench, or, you're one of the refs. How do you react if coaching and what do you call this if you're the ref?

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 January 25, 2020, 08:26:32 PM
Easy. Match penalty and the goalie shouldn't be allowed to play in the league again.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 January 25, 2020, 08:52:44 PM
Yup, match penalty for the ref to call.
As the league-30 day suspension
As the coach-off the team
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 January 25, 2020, 09:23:22 PM
Match and this kid would never play for my team again.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 January 25, 2020, 10:13:36 PM
As a parent, I would call it "assault with deadly weapon" . I would have a police report filed, and then call my lawyer
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 January 26, 2020, 01:03:06 AM
Why do we have to make the call? Let the officials do that job.  No? 

We all have opinions when our kids are involved.  If it were my kid that got hacked I’d be pissed.  I wouldn’t post the video though and try to get “opinions”.

I hope the kid is ok.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 January 26, 2020, 03:57:33 AM

We all have opinions when our kids are involved.  If it were my kid that got hacked I’d be pissed.  I wouldn’t post the video though and try to get “opinions”.

I hope the kid is ok.

I couldn’t agree with more

1 - Hockey is a very fast moving competitive sport and in a blink of an eye you can miss something. No one is perfect! I don’t know what the penalty was in this situation whether it was a match or 5 & a game but the officials made the call you have to move on from it.

2 - I would love to see the person who posted this video go out on the ice and officiate a game at this level and not only keep up with the play but not miss a call. This is probably the same parent who sits in the stands and yells and screams at the others teams players or officials the entire game. They set a great example for there kid. In there eyes Little Poor Johnny is just an innocent little angel!

That’s why i think all parents and spectators should be seated behind a glass barrier this way they are only seen and not heard!

I will admit the comments on social media crack me up. Everyone has an opinion on the situation, opinions are like assholes everyone has them and most of them stink.

The officials made a call and you have to deal with it and put it in the past. The league shouldn’t step in and look at a 20 second clip and determine whether the are going to overturn the call. If anything use the video as a learning tool.

Well atleast the guy posting the video is getting his 2 seconds of fame!
#freegritty
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #7:
 January 26, 2020, 09:24:05 AM

I hope the kid is ok.

I couldn’t agree with more

1 - Hockey is a very fast moving competitive sport and in a blink of an eye you can miss something. No one is perfect! I don’t know what the penalty was in this situation whether it was a match or 5 & a game but the officials made the call you have to move on from it.

2 - I would love to see the person who posted this video go out on the ice and officiate a game at this level and not only keep up with the play but not miss a call. This is probably the same parent who sits in the stands and yells and screams at the others teams players or officials the entire game. They set a great example for there kid. In there eyes Little Poor Johnny is just an innocent little angel!

That’s why i think all parents and spectators should be seated behind a glass barrier this way they are only seen and not heard!

I will admit the comments on social media crack me up. Everyone has an opinion on the situation, opinions are like assholes everyone has them and most of them stink.

The officials made a call and you have to deal with it and put it in the past. The league shouldn’t step in and look at a 20 second clip and determine whether the are going to overturn the call. If anything use the video as a learning tool.

Well atleast the guy posting the video is getting his 2 seconds of fame!
#freegritty

Did you watch the video? The ref is 5 feet away watching the entire incident. He threw the kid out there wasn't any other penalty. No slash, no head contact. Nothing.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #8:
 January 26, 2020, 09:34:10 AM
the most disturbing part of the video is the audience, to be honest.  A slash, A chop in a hockey game?  you can't be serious... RIP Terry Jones, "A tiger? In Africa?"
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #9:
 January 26, 2020, 03:32:10 PM
Reply to Reply #7. Wrong answer. I was at the game. The goalie got a 5 and a game. But you are right, the referee was 5 feet away and didn't call the skater for running into the goalie. Nor did they call any of the numerous hacks to his hand when he covered the puck which whistle or not are supposed to be called a slash.
Watching a 20 second video doesn't tell the story. I don't condone the stick to the head by the goalie. I will say this was built up over the course of the game. The goalie is a High School Junior with no record of taking penalties.
The skater did take a chop to the head and went down like he was shot. Stayed down drawling the major penalty. OK, you see Crosby do it all the time. The skater didn't miss a shift.
Was it a major? Oh yeah. Was the player injured? No.

For the record I'm not related to the goalie nor am I a coach, player or parent on either team.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Video Captures Controversial Arrest Of Youth Hockey Coach

Started by guestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 2
Views: 16806
Last post April 27, 2018, 01:54:49 PM
by guest
Coaches tape - Game video sharing and instruction