Author Topic: Russian 10-year old goalie gone wild!  (Read 8066 times)

Description:
Russian 10-year old goalie gone wild!
Topic: May 24, 2022, 09:49:16 AM

This is a wild example of just how out of control minor hockey can get. The 10-year-old goalie in the blue jersey is upset because the referee called him for his second penalty of the period. As you can see at the beginning of the clip, it's clearly a tripping penalty that he was called for.

After he takes his second penalty the goalie attacks the first referee, throwing 'punches'. It's at this point of the video that the goalie is ejected by the other referee. At this time the goalie skates out of his crease and takes a wild stick swing at the second referee.

This is an example of what happens when young kids don't have the proper guidance and control. It's likely this child will be facing a lengthy suspension for his actions or possible expulsion from the league.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 May 24, 2022, 10:28:07 AM
These kids be nuts. This past weekend we were at a tournament where we played a team from Illinois and their goalie hit our player in the private with his blocker then took a full swing with his stick just missing the back of his head. The next period the goalie gave another one of our players a straight stick to the facemask and in the 3rd period slashed another player across the back of his legs. Their coach had the balls to go off on the refs for the slashing call but was ok with the 3 warnings the goalie got prior, not to mention their coach making comments about how bad our team sucked loud enough for everyone there to hear. This behavior is taught by bad coaches and poor parenting. We were very much out played, it was  an upper 16A bracket and admittingly we had 3 AA kids. The tournament had upper A, lower A and AA brackets. Their team had 6AAA kids, 2 prep school kids and 2 kids from Ontario including that goalie, guess who went undefeated? They were smart enough to clean the stickers off their helmet but not the bags they carried. The rink had no livebarn or baller or I'd post the video.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 May 24, 2022, 10:37:11 AM
You never know who you are going to run into in a "A" level tournament during the spring. frustrating for sure
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 May 24, 2022, 10:43:10 AM
Same experience at 12UA for my son's team back in 2017 in Niagara. The Bud Baker Hawks or whatever their name was were terrible. They resorted to out of control dirty play and penalties. The goalie freaks out after every play and the ref is there telling him to stop. The players are all going for the head. Then the game goes completely off the tracks at the end. The coach is encouraging his players to fight and even challenges the parents in the crowd to come out on the ice and fight him. Nothing happened to the coach or the players.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 May 24, 2022, 01:33:48 PM
Is the kid he slashed the same kid that was mocking him? Not that it would justify what he did, just wondering. Must of been a high scoring game being the goals shown by Warwick and the fact Warwick had an empty net for an extra attacker at the end. I think too many kids watch videos of Emery and Hextall and want to be the next big attitude goalie
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 May 24, 2022, 01:49:45 PM
Is the kid he slashed the same kid that was mocking him? Not that it would justify what he did, just wondering. Must of been a high scoring game being the goals shown by Warwick and the fact Warwick had an empty net for an extra attacker at the end. I think too many kids watch videos of Emery and Hextall and want to be the next big attitude goalie
Watching the video, yes yes it is. Before he mocks him he turned back left of the camera and then moves over in front of the goalie.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 May 25, 2022, 08:06:27 AM
I think too many kids watch their parents in the stands and think it's OK to behave this way
Fixed that for you.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #7:
 May 25, 2022, 09:30:15 AM
Hockey is crazy. This sort of thing does not happen in other sports- lacrosse, soccer, baseball. I am a 3 year hockey parent and I can tell you, the parents in hockey are the issue. The things I hear parents tell their kids is crazy. The goalie should have shown self control. The kid that mocked him, if he was mine, would have been suspended by me. My kids do not act like that on the ice. I hope my kids leave hockey as the parents are nuts, some of the players are nuts and coaches set the culture. This sport needs to be cleaned up!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #8:
 May 25, 2022, 10:37:53 AM
Hockey is crazy. This sort of thing does not happen in other sports- lacrosse, soccer, baseball. I am a 3 year hockey parent and I can tell you, the parents in hockey are the issue. The things I hear parents tell their kids is crazy. The goalie should have shown self control. The kid that mocked him, if he was mine, would have been suspended by me. My kids do not act like that on the ice. I hope my kids leave hockey as the parents are nuts, some of the players are nuts and coaches set the culture. This sport needs to be cleaned up!

I don't disagree, but I would also like to invite you to once of my daughter's soccer games. We have 2 dads who rival any hockey parent I have come across. It sucks because the one guy's daughter has ended up in tears on the field because how he acted.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #9:
 May 25, 2022, 10:55:06 AM
This is an age old favorite
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Russian Goalie On A Cart?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 7584
Last post May 28, 2018, 11:54:46 AM
by Youth Hockey Info