Author Topic: Livebarn off, parent streaming to parking lot??  (Read 5340 times)

Description:

Livebarn off, parent streaming to parking lot??
Topic: October 16, 2020, 11:28:05 AM
Anyone have experience with rinks only allowing one parent inside to live stream game. What works best? Did you use an iPhone, iPad?? Private Facebook group?

Any help is appreciated.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 October 16, 2020, 11:41:50 AM
Twitch is good, but you have to make your own Twitch channel. Best is to ask the kids to set it up and install the app on your phone. Once the app is on the phone all you do is go live. Then have the people in the lot put it on the tv.

The quality of the feed is contingent on the strength of the bandwidth your phone receives. If you check or use your phone in hockey rinks, you already know your phones data service is crummy at best. The rinks who have open guest wiFi typically provide the least available bandwidth they can in order to serve the most on their own network. The typical resolution of a feed is 320p which is good for phone viewing but when blown up on a tv it's going to be pixelated.

My Twitch channel has a variety of tests done with both the rink wiFi and my own dataplan on both a Samsung S8 and iPad streaming to Twitch. I also tried a Google Pixel and the Twitch app didn't work on it. It appears some of the test videos have been stripped off by Twitch because it's been over 14 days, (archives only last for 14 days). The only test that's left is the second test with Samsung S8 and my own data service.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 October 16, 2020, 12:56:25 PM
We’ve used Periscope. I believe the app is available for apple and android phones.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest14313,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 October 16, 2020, 02:19:48 PM
poor livebarn, loss of revenue because black bear says you can't watch
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 October 16, 2020, 02:20:17 PM
forgot to add, twitch is good
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 October 16, 2020, 03:47:59 PM
We started out using Zoom, but switched to Facebook live . It was a better quality video.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 October 20, 2020, 12:53:41 PM
Any streaming service will be limited by bandwidth.  It really only works well with good wifi connection. 

We use an iPad and Periscope private group.  At the same time the game is streaming, I use the screen recorder on the ipad.  This allows me to upload better quality recording to a private YouTube channel (technically - I upload the videos as unlisted and send out links).  The quality on the youtube upload will be much higher than the streamed quality.  It also helps keep the videos around longer since Periscope removes them for everyone except the creator after 24 hours.

The screen recorder takes up a lot of space and takes hours to "write" to the camera roll.  I suggest dropping the recording settings from 1024 to 720 to make the size more manageable.  You also will not have sound on the YouTube videos.... but it is something that you can actually see.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #7:
 October 20, 2020, 02:22:46 PM
Why do you send out links to the game while you watch streaming live? Wont that screw up your internet speed streaming and uploadin g at the same time?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Revolution Ice Gardens Now A Livebarn Supported Venue

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 3552
Last post July 09, 2019, 06:58:19 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
Changes At PNY Sports Arena And Livebarn