Author Topic: 2019USA Hockey Tier I and Tier II Recruiting Rule FAQ  (Read 13256 times)

Description:

Reply #20:
 April 16, 2019, 10:46:40 AM
Don’t feel bad for Quakers.  They scored 10 tier 1 boys that coach Brown promised spots two weeks ago.  They will repeat at U18AA easily.

A few kids I know were told not to waste their time going as the team was already picked.
I guess Rich is also involved with the 16 team as he was contacting some 03s back in January.

This is all common knowledge for both 16 and 18 year olds playing double A. Every team recruits players, you'd have to be living under a rock to not know this.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #21:
 April 16, 2019, 10:54:45 AM

This is all common knowledge for both 16 and 18 year olds playing double A. Every team recruits players, you'd have to be living under a rock to not know this.
[/quote]

Recruiting yes, blatantly ignoring the recruiting rules.. not so much.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

James

Reply #22:
 April 17, 2019, 09:46:52 AM
Don’t feel bad for Quakers.  They scored 10 tier 1 boys that coach Brown promised spots two weeks ago.  They will repeat at U18AA easily.
If that’s the case then why was he at Little Flyers tryouts? If he already promised them spots , why would he have to be at tryouts  waiting to see who was cut .... and immediately talking to the kid and parent?
Doesn’t sound like promised spots to me. Sounds like he went to a place to find some of the best kids....put in the time to watch Tier 1 tryouts, made a list and talked to kids that didn’t make that team.

Little Flyers had 98 skaters and 19 goalies tryout at 18. If other coaches put in the work they could have picked the scraps also! The only other coach that was seen there was the coaches from SJP watching their players to see who makes varsity........
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #23:
 April 17, 2019, 09:52:01 AM
Great comment, well said. Any coach can go to the T1 tryouts, not all do. And that's not the Quakers problem. Many players are perfectly content with playing at AA level knowing they're going to get as good, (or better in some cases) competition. All of the teams @ 18AA recruit, some just put more effort into it than others.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #24:
 April 17, 2019, 10:01:10 AM
If that’s the case then why was he at Little Flyers tryouts? If he already promised them spots , why would he have to be at tryouts  waiting to see who was cut .... and immediately talking to the kid and parent?
Doesn’t sound like promised spots to me. Sounds like he went to a place to find some of the best kids....put in the time to watch Tier 1 tryouts, made a list and talked to kids that didn’t make that team.

Little Flyers had 98 skaters and 19 goalies tryout at 18. If other coaches put in the work they could have picked the scraps also! The only other coach that was seen there was the coaches from SJP watching their players to see who makes varsity........

Don’t really know the guy. I do know he has a reputation for great coaching and winning. When my kids 18 he doesn’t have to recruit us. If he doesn’t make AAA he’s going to try there. Reputation and results is probably the biggest recruitment tool.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

tree408

Reply #25:
 April 17, 2019, 11:10:04 AM
Great comment, well said. Any coach can go to the T1 tryouts, not all do. And that's not the Quakers problem. Many players are perfectly content with playing at AA level knowing they're going to get as good, (or better in some cases) competition. All of the teams @ 18AA recruit, some just put more effort into it than others.

wouldn't you have to be on the wait list before evals with the quakers?  don't they only invite enough to evals to fill the roster spots and not have cuts?  so they basically bring back their returning players and not extend other invites until right before the eval starts? i guess that's recruiting at it's best.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #26:
 April 17, 2019, 12:37:54 PM

wouldn't you have to be on the wait list before evals with the quakers?  don't they only invite enough to evals to fill the roster spots and not have cuts?  so they basically bring back their returning players and not extend other invites until right before the eval starts? i guess that's recruiting at it's best.

At the 18 tier 2 level, you can have cuts. There are no guaranteed spots at 18
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

tree408

Reply #27:
 April 17, 2019, 12:41:55 PM
At the 18 tier 2 level, you can have cuts. There are no guaranteed spots at 18
got it, thanks!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #28:
 April 20, 2019, 01:04:40 PM
Kudos to this coach.
Wish someone would convince my 18u kid to play AA again.
The higher levels just plain suck if you want your kid to finish high school. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #29:
 April 30, 2019, 02:20:12 PM
I can say that no player was guaranteed a spot on my team,  all rink stink.  These players made the team on their own merit  and I am lucking to coach these boys.  The players that did NOT show are the ones that make these comments.  As far as the 03 players they reached out to me and I told them to register their names on the WAITLIST.  100% legal to do.  I follow the rules people and I am NOT a great coach, just a coach that works for my players. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: