Author Topic: 2019 DVHL Applications  (Read 10083 times)

Description: Teams applying for membership

Reply #10:
 March 13, 2019, 10:19:30 AM
Voting is tonight. Rumor has it that the league already has enough votes to keep them out. I don't like Graves, but ultimately this is a pissing match between a few adults who don't seem to care about the kids best interests.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 March 13, 2019, 10:27:35 AM
I hope those that want to keep Team Philly out due to the pissing match and unethical business side decide to give them a big middle finger by voting the other 2 leagues in.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 March 13, 2019, 10:53:07 AM
All the rinks should run their own youth hockey clubs. There shouldn't be private non-profits.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 March 13, 2019, 10:58:16 AM
THERE IS NOTHING "NON" ABOUT THEIR PROFITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY MAKE TONS OF MONEY!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 March 13, 2019, 11:56:57 AM
IMO the Roughriders have a some farily unethical practices in addition to playing unrostered players out of age and were caught cheating multiple times in EJEPL and tournaments.  Why would DVHL Clubs invite that in...we don't want to travel over 2 hours to play them again.  I don't think Roughriders or Team Philly should be allowed in.  No opinon on Rizzo
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 March 13, 2019, 12:05:26 PM
Touché
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #16:
 March 13, 2019, 12:59:36 PM
All the rinks should run their own youth hockey clubs. There shouldn't be private non-profits.

Not possible where the rink is a owned by the municipality. There are still a few of those in the league.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #17:
 March 13, 2019, 05:14:49 PM
Seems like everyone already has strong opinions on this either way, but against my better judgement, here’s mine:
Full disclosure, I am a Team PHL parent.  I am also a former coach and player for the Quakers.  I hope the vote goes in favor of Team PHL to enter the DVHL.  While I don’t have a hand in any of the politics, and understand the strong feelings about the club teams autonomy, a vote against Team Philly is not a vote against John Graves.  It’s a vote that hurts the DVHL, its players, and the 400 players and the hockey families that are part of this club. There is a great deal of talent locally, and the league is a better one when it includes as many of those youth players as possible.  I think we all enjoy competing in league games against our local rivals, and Team Philly is no different.
Whichever way the vote goes tonight, it wont cause a large attrition rate from Team Philly. We enjoyed a 58 game schedule this year without DVHL league games, and the retention of the players on our team is not going to be contingent on membership to the DVHL.   It would make for a better league, however, to include Team PHL, particularly with some of the contractions of clubs that we are seeing.

Keeping my fingers crossed.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

tree408

Reply #18:
 March 13, 2019, 05:19:59 PM
Whichever way the vote goes tonight, it wont cause a large attrition rate from Team Philly. We enjoyed a 58 game schedule this year without DVHL league games, and the retention of the players on our team is not going to be contingent on membership to the DVHL.   It would make for a better league, however, to include Team PHL, particularly with some of the contractions of clubs that we are seeing.

Keeping my fingers crossed.
As a DVHL parent I hope the vote goes in your favor.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

2019 DVHL APPROVED Membership

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 4
Views: 10307
Last post March 14, 2019, 08:51:01 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
DVHL 18AA teams 2019-2020