Forum > General Youth Hockey Info

Device to make internet strength stronger in rink

(1/3) > >>

Guest:
Has anybody heard of or know of any such device that might make the rinks internet or phone data strength stronger in the rink? I asked our rink and they said repeaters would work but only for them with their wireless system. Is there anyway for a guest to get a stronger signal? We are trying to stream games and the quality is bad.

Guest:
I haven't had any luck finding one either. I did end up buying a monopod and configured it to hold two phones. One phone strictly records video. I use this file to upload to YouTube later to share with the parents.
The other phone is the streaming phone that I use for the live feed. I've been mainly using Facebook live for this as YouTube changed some of the rules for live streaming.

Guest:
We asked the rink manager and they told us the only way to stream a good normal picture is with an encoder and you need a direct network connection not wireless. They keep getting asked and thats the only answer.

Guest:
We tried Facebook, perescope and twitch and the pixeling is garbage on the tv. There has to be a better way to increase the wifi connection in the rink.

Guest:
copying my post from the other thread on the same topic:

Any streaming service will be limited by bandwidth.  It really only works well with good wifi connection.

We use an iPad and Periscope private group.  At the same time the game is streaming, I use the screen recorder on the ipad.  This allows me to upload better quality recording to a private YouTube channel (technically - I upload the videos as unlisted and send out links).  The quality on the youtube upload will be much higher than the streamed quality.  It also helps keep the videos around longer since Periscope removes them for everyone except the creator after 24 hours.

The screen recorder takes up a lot of space and takes hours to "write" to the camera roll.  I suggest dropping the recording settings from 1024 to 720 to make the size more manageable.  You also will not have sound on the YouTube videos.... but it is something that you can actually see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version