Author Topic: What is the difference between USPHL and EJ?  (Read 7195 times)

Description:

What is the difference between USPHL and EJ?
Topic: March 12, 2019, 01:27:00 PM

I keep hearing parents talking about wishing we could move from EJEPL to USPHL. Some say the competition is far more superior. How can it be far more superior when the teams playing in the USPHL were playing in the EJ only a couple of years ago against the same teams we play now? How would these guys know if it's better when our kids are all playing on the same team?!!!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 March 12, 2019, 01:32:07 PM
My honest opinion..... Our toughest competition within the EJ, are all our competitors within our local league CBHL, at the AA level.

EJ is just another scheduling tool basically.  Albeit it is nice to bring home banners from two different leagues.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 March 12, 2019, 01:40:26 PM
We play the same teams in the NJYHL that we play in EJ sometimes. It doesn't make sense. Why join the league to play showcases against the same teams you play in league play.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 March 12, 2019, 02:01:02 PM
While we do play some of the same teams we do get a chance to play some better competition than the CBHL.  Every team should strive for Diamond  1.
The upper teams are comparable but not the lower half.  When I am scouting for the NA Prep I have found talent in the EJ and CBHL. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest17050,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 March 12, 2019, 03:38:06 PM
If you're not playing in Diamond in EJ play you might as well flush your money down the toilet. Likewise you'd better be certain your team can actually play to this level because there are teams at Diamond who have no reason to be there. That's why clubs leave EJ to go to USPHL. EJ has become so watered down that they let any team play who is willing to pay the outrageous fees.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 March 12, 2019, 03:53:11 PM
If you're not playing in Diamond in EJ play you might as well flush your money down the toilet. Likewise you'd better be certain your team can actually play to this level because there are teams at Diamond who have no reason to be there. That's why clubs leave EJ to go to USPHL. EJ has become so watered down that they let any team play who is willing to pay the outrageous fees.

It is a "for profit" league, so of course they let anyone in.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 March 14, 2019, 06:28:35 PM
How much are the EJ fees?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #7:
 March 15, 2019, 09:56:52 AM
How much are the EJ fees?

Not sure how accurate this is, but I was told there is an initial one time "buy in" per club. I've heard this is anywhere from $2000-5000. This could have changed as previously the annual league fees were pretty low, I want to say something like $500 per team, but now they are listed at $2600 for Midgets and $1700 for SQ and PW. They could have increased league fees and gotten rid of the one time fee which makes more sense over time.
Again, not sure if this has changed, but previously you had to play 2 of their showcase tournaments which were not included in the league fee.
I'm basing all of this off of specifics from their website and what I was told 2-3 years ago when our club was exploring the option of joining, so YMMV.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #8:
 March 15, 2019, 10:11:38 AM
That's it?!!! Why do we pay several hundred in EJ fees per family on top of our league fees and team dues then?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #9:
 March 15, 2019, 10:27:34 AM
That's it?!!! Why do we pay several hundred in EJ fees per family on top of our league fees and team dues then?
Do the math.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

What is the difference between aaa american and national

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 11
Views: 9322
Last post September 13, 2019, 02:22:44 PM
by Guest