Author Topic: Dedicated to AAA & Jr. Parents  (Read 18073 times)

Description:

Reply #20:
 July 08, 2022, 12:52:36 AM
They’re  be trying to compete with PHC, who played more.

I agree with you.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #21:
 July 08, 2022, 06:38:53 AM
LF 2012 played close to 80 games last year.
They also practiced twice a week, most of the summer
they were 9 last year, are you bragging or complaining?  For comparison how many games did the LF or JRF '05s & 18u's play?  Kids who are through puberty and whose bodies can withstand the grind of a long season are playing less games than elementary kids, you may want to re-think what you're doing to your kid.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #22:
 July 08, 2022, 09:30:53 AM
Let up on LF 2012. They didn’t play 80 games. More like 70. But despite that too being a lot of games for a 9 year old, Shayne did an AMAZING coaching job last year getting a lot out of just 8-9 players. My sons team played them throughout the year and they were always tough and well coached. That team will be even better next year because people, especially those that played summer at 1494, want to play for Shayne during season.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #23:
 July 08, 2022, 11:02:48 AM
Let up on LF 2012. They didn’t play 80 games. More like 70. But despite that too being a lot of games for a 9 year old, Shayne did an AMAZING coaching job last year getting a lot out of just 8-9 players. My sons team played them throughout the year and they were always tough and well coached. That team will be even better next year because people, especially those that played summer at 1494, want to play for Shayne during season.

I am not criticizing the kids. I am after the parents. 70 games for anyone under the age of 14 is too much! I am a doctor and overuse injuries will start to present themselves once these kids hit 17-18 years old. Kids will start to develop muscle imbalances and have joint issues due to repetitive motion. Kids need to play multiple sports and take a break from hockey for 6-12 weeks per year. Parents are not helping their kids, they are hurting them. There is mounds of data on this that is peer reviewed and can't be denied. Get your kids off the ice for 2 months, paly 1-2 other sports, maximum yearly hockey games of 50 (including spring and summer) and let them be kids. 80% of all NHL players played multiple sports until 16-18 and 98% of NHL players did not concentrate solely on hockey until 16. You are only hurting your kids.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest18882,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #24:
 July 08, 2022, 12:31:16 PM
Get your kids off the ice for 2 months, paly 1-2 other sports, maximum yearly hockey games of 50 (including spring and summer) and let them be kids. 80% of all NHL players played multiple sports until 16-18 and 98% of NHL players did not concentrate solely on hockey until 16. You are only hurting your kids.
Cue the "but it's my kid's passion, they love being on the ice 45 weeks straight".  I saw an analogy in a thread that if your kid loved ice cream and wanted it every day would you let them eat it every day?  Of course you wouldn't, it's not healthy, as a parent you'd make the right decision for them.  Same goes for youth sports, you're the parent.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #25:
 July 08, 2022, 01:24:10 PM
My 8 year old played full ice mite last year. They played 78 games! He played in 64 games. and was absolutely spent! We let him skate 2 days/week for 2nd half of March and all of April for AHF parity. He played Lacrosse in Spring too. Once May 1 hit, we pulled him off the ice. He went back this Wednesday for 1x/week in July. Told new team he is good for 45 games next year- including tournaments. 8 of His full ice mite team mates played spring (practice 3 days per week) with 7 tournaments through June (35 games) and now have 3 tournaments in July (15 games). They will have played from August 1 of 21 to July 31 of  2022 128 games. Stanley Cup Finals teams don't even play that many games. This is child abuse! The best part is, my son skated with his former team mates this week and was the 2nd best player on the ice! Last season he was probably 8-9th best on team. The other kids while getting bigger have plateaued, while my son got stronger, faster and his shot & stick handling are off the charts now. He worked on his game when we took him off the ice. Parents are so dumb!

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #26:
 July 08, 2022, 01:51:10 PM
My 8 year old played full ice mite last year. They played 78 games! He played in 64 games. and was absolutely spent! We let him skate 2 days/week for 2nd half of March and all of April for AHF parity. He played Lacrosse in Spring too. Once May 1 hit, we pulled him off the ice. He went back this Wednesday for 1x/week in July. Told new team he is good for 45 games next year- including tournaments. 8 of His full ice mite team mates played spring (practice 3 days per week) with 7 tournaments through June (35 games) and now have 3 tournaments in July (15 games). They will have played from August 1 of 21 to July 31 of  2022 128 games. Stanley Cup Finals teams don't even play that many games. This is child abuse! The best part is, my son skated with his former team mates this week and was the 2nd best player on the ice! Last season he was probably 8-9th best on team. The other kids while getting bigger have plateaued, while my son got stronger, faster and his shot & stick handling are off the charts now. He worked on his game when we took him off the ice. Parents are so dumb!

Yes but their kids will be beer league all stars and yours will just be a beer league player.😂
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #27:
 July 08, 2022, 02:12:28 PM
70+ games, and not even having two full lines. Sounds like someone cares more about their brand than kids.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest12948,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #28:
 July 08, 2022, 04:45:04 PM
70+ games, and not even having two full lines. Sounds like someone cares more about their brand than kids.

There were 13 skaters and 1 goalje on team. I said 8 of his team mates, not the rest of the team. Wise ass!

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #29:
 July 08, 2022, 11:20:03 PM
Check your facts bozo. LF had 2 goalies, and less than two fulls lines. Are you talking about another team you dope? Pay attention, go get your crayons and start writing things down.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: