Author Topic: Path for National bound teams playing in AHF?  (Read 24205 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 May 24, 2022, 01:40:01 PM
The path is the Independent Playdown.  They have had for for a few years for Tier I.  Have not needed one for Tier II in the past.  Now they need one.  Easy enough to add.

Teams would come out of the playdown into the district tournament.

Not exactly true.  In the past the Tier 2 Revolution or Old York Road were independent and have had a path to nationals...  Same with Team Philly after the Quakers situation and TP was not allowed in the DVHL. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 May 24, 2022, 02:48:24 PM
This topic is going to appear and re-appear all season long.

And then when it all shakes out, we will see more Palymyra cakes and cupcakes being baked.....

I wish the districts would come out and settle this issue.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 May 24, 2022, 10:20:05 PM
I noticed that AHF is running their own ref clinics but I think that normally when my son registers as a ref it's through USA hockey and the clinic is run by the district.  Is AHF part of the Atlantic District / USA Hockey?

It would be very interesting to see if they are coaching refs to call things differently. There were definitely issues last year out of AHF rinks in Maryland when it came to penalties — Maryland’s affiliate did not adopt last year’s rule changes and stuck with the 2-minute minor penalties.

As far as whether the AHF is “part of” the Atlantic District, I would say yes (except for Maryland rinks) by geography alone. As to whether they are “sanctioned” by the Atlantic District, the answer is unmistakeably NO: https://www.atlantic-district.org/affiliate-sanctioned-leagues
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 May 25, 2022, 08:02:46 AM
Then the next question is how does AHF have a clear path, I believe you have to be registered with USA hockey and a member in good standing with an affiliated association unless they changed the guidelines for districts and nationals recently. I do believe they have until the end of December to make the determination though.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 May 25, 2022, 09:34:21 AM
This will all be worked out. AHF is petitioning USA Hockey to force Atlantic District to sanction them. The Atlantic District is run by all the DVHL, NJYHL & AYHL directors. It is corrupt! This is why BB formed AHF & THF. They did not like how things were run. Wake up! Your leagues and district are lying to you!!!!!!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 May 25, 2022, 12:13:38 PM
This will all be worked out. AHF is petitioning USA Hockey to force Atlantic District to sanction them. The Atlantic District is run by all the DVHL, NJYHL & AYHL directors. It is corrupt! This is why BB formed AHF & THF. They did not like how things were run. Wake up! Your leagues and district are lying to you!!!!!!
By the message boards I'd thought BB formed the AHF/AGHF/THF for 🤑
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #16:
 May 25, 2022, 01:27:38 PM
This is why BB formed AHF & THF. They did not like how things were run.
LOL, yes BB is here for the sanctity and purity of the sport, to save us from the evils that we've had to deal with for the last few decades.  I love BB but if you think they're in it for anything other than the profits I've got a AAAA club to sell you!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #17:
 May 25, 2022, 02:19:34 PM
Of course BB is in it for profit, but they also have best interests of kids in mind. The district and league directors ran things for power trips and did not care about the families/kids. Power is their game, period! BB tries to do things to help families and kids. I have been asked my input by BB rink managers where my old rink treated us like shit! Profits will come if you treat people the right way. My BB rink is doing that!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #18:
 May 25, 2022, 02:38:39 PM
I don't completely agree. I am willing to bet you won't find many families who are encouraged to pay hundreds more because the rink manager is nice to them. I mean you're saying you're raising rates but you're being nice so it should be acceptable to be told to pay more? This can go on forever but the hold outs on the other side aren't going to move over to a different league because they're excited to pay more money. We are where we are because of his friends we're not thrilled at all about the financial side.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #19:
 May 25, 2022, 04:30:18 PM
My rink is not owned by BB but was AHF this past season and going forward.  I'm sure the owners motivation is $$, easy way to get showcases at his rink, his teams dominated many age groups last year, and leaving is a big screw-you to the DVHL.  I'm pretty sure concern for his club families and helping them out was low on the list of motivation.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: