Author Topic: Palmyra 04 now sandbagging  (Read 17050 times)

Description:

Reply #30:
 May 24, 2018, 07:45:34 PM
Hate to break the news to you guys but everybody breaks the tampering rules year after year. Quakers, Delco, Lehigh, Palmyra, Warwick are just a few of your biggest violators.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #31:
 May 25, 2018, 07:43:04 AM
Warwick and Lehigh? LOL, that's the first time I've heard of that.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #32:
 May 25, 2018, 08:51:54 AM
The league season definition is until nationals are complete.  Therefore, just because a team's season ends in February, Tampering rules are supposed to be in effect until after nationals, which is often early February.  Therefore, clubs/coaches/managers have about two weeks (between the end of nationals and evaluations) to do recruiting, within the rules.  We all know it doesn't happen that way.   There is selective enforcement of these rules.  Zero consistency.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #33:
 May 25, 2018, 08:52:51 AM
Meant to say Nationals are over early April.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #34:
 May 25, 2018, 10:11:25 AM
The definition termed by the DVHL is in season. I think we all know its happening during the season. Tryouts are a month after the season ends. Nothing against tier ll hockey but what benefit does a tier 1 player get from leaving a tier one program to play tier ll? As a coach I'm not looking at players who chose to go backwards in their learning progression.

I agree with this. Who in their right mind is going to look at a kid who down grades their playing level going from AAA down to AA? Their parents have to realize this is like having a police record to a recruiter. I heard half of one of the AA teams is Jr Flyers players. Who is the genius who was able to snuff away that many players and convince their parents to drop to tier ll?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #35:
 May 25, 2018, 10:18:00 AM
The definition termed by the DVHL is in season. I think we all know its happening during the season. Tryouts are a month after the season ends. Nothing against tier ll hockey but what benefit does a tier 1 player get from leaving a tier one program to play tier ll? As a coach I'm not looking at players who chose to go backwards in their learning progression.

I agree with this. Who in their right mind is going to look at a kid who down grades their playing level going from AAA down to AA? Their parents have to realize this is like having a police record to a recruiter. I heard half of one of the AA teams is Jr Flyers players. Who is the genius who was able to snuff away that many players and convince their parents to drop to tier ll?

Its funny because if you use to read the now closed NJ hockey board, all season people would trash that 04 JRF team and say how most of the kids weren't AAA caliber. Now everyone is up in arms because some of them are playing AA.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #36:
 May 25, 2018, 01:49:18 PM
If they played AAA they are AAA caliber. The AA team they're playing for is an AAA team playing in the wrong tier and level.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #37:
 May 25, 2018, 07:56:33 PM

Its funny because if you use to read the now closed NJ hockey board, all season people would trash that 04 JRF team and say how most of the kids weren't AAA caliber. Now everyone is up in arms because some of them are playing AA.

I did and still don't understand why anybody cares about this. It's kids hockey right? You guys can put your adult pants on and accept it and stop whining. They're better than your kids are. This is so dump you guys are acting like these guys are going to the NHL.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #38:
 May 30, 2018, 10:48:10 AM
In the end it all comes down to money.

If the parents feel it is worth playing the additional tuition plus time and cost for the additional travel, and their kid is good enough to play AAA, then they should sign up for AAA.  If the parents don’t want to spend at least twice as much money and spend all their free time on the road, then there is no reason not to play AA instead.

Then you have the parents who are willing to pay for their kid to play AAA, regardless of whether or not their kid is a AAA player talent wise. 

If a program doesn’t have enough kids to field a AAA team, but they are willing to play AA, then they should be able to play AA.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #39:
 June 03, 2018, 10:33:54 AM
If this is one of the Palmyra 14U AA teams you guys are making such a big fuss over, I'd be concerned. They don't look like any kind of super team.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Palmyra 08 AAA

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 7
Views: 3249
Last post January 12, 2021, 05:01:23 PM
by Guest
FLYERS CUP A - Palmyra Cougars vs Bayard Rustin Knights March 9, 2020 SEMI