Author Topic: No AHF schedule  (Read 10019 times)

Description:

No AHF schedule
Topic: June 16, 2022, 10:08:24 AM
Is the season over did AHF fold? The entire league is based on having schedules on time by June 15 months earlier than lowly njyhl and dvhl. Isn't that what all the big money corporate marketing is about? Strike 1 AHF Schedule - Atlantic Hockey Federation
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 June 16, 2022, 12:44:10 PM
If the schedule coming out a little late is the worse thing to happen they will be far better than the DVHL and handing out the wrong banner. The DVHL struck out long ago that's why soo many clubs did not hesitate to jump leagues.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 June 16, 2022, 12:49:18 PM
Wow, so much hate from NJ & DV! Not sure where June 15 date came from? Here is what is team manager told us-

1. June 20th preliminary schedule issued to team managers to share with teams
2. Managers give schedule to families for any conflicts
3. Managers give conflicts (if any) to AHF for adjustment of schedule
4. Final schedules issued by July 31

AHF has already given teams showcase, all-star & playoff locations and dates. Let me ask this- has the DV or NJ ever asked teams for input into schedule? NO!

As to you morons that let ice hockey dictate you life, you can suck it! Families on my team have a life outside hockey with other kids that do not play hockey. Families are about all your kids not just your next Gretzky. Have fun spending all you time is a rink and your money on your NHL dream, only to have your kid play beer league!

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 June 20, 2022, 10:25:42 AM
Wow, so much hate…

Wow, so much hate in that above comment!

I can’t speak for DVHL, but NJYHL most definitely had teams ACTIVELY involved in scheduling — directly coordinating with the other clubs. There was no “send to the teams to see if they’re Ok with it” because they did it in the first place.

The June 15 “schedule” sounds meaningless. It’s July 31 now? (Fwiw The 6/15 date hasn’t been said in a long time, and I’ve never heard 7/31). I wouldn’t trust the locations stated for showcases — if last year’s showcases and playoffs and this year’s parity are any indication, there are still many revisions to be made.

We’ll see what happens. Hopefully they’re prepared for year 2 after being woefully unprepared for year one.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 June 20, 2022, 12:40:13 PM
Wow, so much hate…

I can’t speak for DVHL, but NJYHL most definitely had teams ACTIVELY involved in scheduling — directly coordinating with the other clubs. There was no “send to the teams to see if they’re Ok with it” because they did it in the first place.

The June 15 “schedule” sounds meaningless. It’s July 31 now? (Fwiw The 6/15 date hasn’t been said in a long time, and I’ve never heard 7/31). I wouldn’t trust the locations stated for showcases — if last year’s showcases and playoffs and this year’s parity are any indication, there are still many revisions to be made.

We’ll see what happens. Hopefully they’re prepared for year 2 after being woefully unprepared for year one.

Not sure what leagues you are talking about. My kids played NJ & AHF last year. NJ was a joke. Rescheduled games 8 times (not due to COVID). Officiating always favored the Central & North Jersey teams, especially Titans. NJ Titans had 2 teams in our division, but never had to play each other and got 2 easy games each against North Div. AHF had 0 rescheduled games, showcase & playoffs were are the times and rinks they gave us. AHF officiating was great.

I wonder why all the special treatment of Titans & North Teams? That is because the people running those teams run the NJ. What a joke the NJ is! No experience with DV except Battle of DE. That was mess too!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 June 20, 2022, 12:46:04 PM
June schedule is not meaningless. It lets the teams set up games and insures enough players will be present. NJ never got teams involvement with schedule. They just sent it our in early October! NJ sucks and will be gone soon as AHF takes over!

I have never seen a league as messed up as the NJ. I have 6 kids playing baseball, basketball, soccer, field hockey, lacrosse and ice hockey. Only 2 kids play ice hockey and the NJ is by far the worst league! AHF is solving that issue!!!!!!!

Also don't get me started on the poor behavior of ice hockey parents. The only parents that come close to them are  baseball dads! This sport needs some cleaning up!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 June 20, 2022, 02:50:39 PM
Wow, so much hate…

Not sure what leagues you are talking about. My kids played NJ & AHF last year. NJ was a joke. Rescheduled games 8 times (not due to COVID). Officiating always favored the Central & North Jersey teams, especially Titans. NJ Titans had 2 teams in our division, but never had to play each other and got 2 easy games each against North Div. AHF had 0 rescheduled games, showcase & playoffs were are the times and rinks they gave us. AHF officiating was great.

I wonder why all the special treatment of Titans & North Teams? That is because the people running those teams run the NJ. What a joke the NJ is! No experience with DV except Battle of DE. That was mess too!

The refs are all the same based on their district. If Jimmy refs games for 14U in NJ and the AF has games in that same area he's reffing there too.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #7:
 June 20, 2022, 03:24:47 PM
Yeah not so much. AHF allowed for teams to request certain refs to not ref their games due to bias calls and blatant game fixing. A game was fixed by a ref (not on my kids team or at my kids rink). This happened in an NJYHL game, the ref was suspended for 30 days and is never allowed to ref either teams game again. The ref was friends with one teams coaches and new all the kids by first name on same team. The NJ allowed this to happen after repeated complaints by other teams about this ref. IT took the AHF to step in, talk with the AAHA & USH before NJ league to finally did something. Rumor is the AHF started their own training program because of the inaction by the governing organizations.

How many other allegations are out there that the DV, NJ & AAHA coverup to keep their monopoly on Ice Hockey rolling along? We will never now because these organizations will not release even redacted complaints against refs!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #8:
 June 20, 2022, 05:32:34 PM
You must be new to municipal youth sports. This happens everywhere at every level in every sport and I have to assume nobody cares just like in those other sports.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #9:
 June 20, 2022, 05:43:39 PM
You must be new to municipal youth sports. This happens everywhere at every level in every sport and I have to assume nobody cares just like in those other sports.

Not new. I have an 8 year old and a 21 year old with 4 other in between. I have been around hockey and other sports since my oldest was 6. Hockey is by far the worst officiated sport! To allow a ref to officiate their home rink games is a joke. Also, hockey is easier to fix than other sports. Power plays, icings & off sides can change a game in a minute. Baseball has ball and strikes, but little league is not allowed to have an ump affiliated with either team. Ice hockey officiating is a joke! You must be one of the refs that fixes games or a parent that gets games fixed in their favor!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

AHF Schedule Posted

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 20
Views: 15142
Last post July 18, 2022, 08:52:37 AM
by heyrefyou
DVHL schedule?