"Hockey is crazy. This sort of thing does not happen in other sports- lacrosse, soccer, baseball".
Having coached baseball for many years I can say that that statement is soo false. Between parents yelling at the kids and umps to going after umps on the field and parents yelling to head hunt and to take out the fielder with a hard slide at the knees, it's just a crazy. I even had an opponents batter turn and crack my catcher in the shin cracking the guard and another charge the mound after being hit by a change up, I mean ouch a change up from a 15yr old. My team had to sign a code of conduct and I was not afraid to enforce it. The only one allowed to approach an ump was myself. I sent kids and parents to their cars during games, the coach has to set the tone in all sports and not back down to loud mouth parents and players.