Author Topic: What would you do?  (Read 5853 times)

Description:
Reply #10:
 March 29, 2019, 02:15:50 PM
They have enough kids to make one team, but they would probably have to let a few kids go as they would have around 22 kids total. A few parents are trying to get them to move their kids up to the AA team, which would leave fewer for the A team.

Not 100% sure, but I think they have 12 kids for the AA team and 10 kids for the A team. There are goalies included in that total, I think 2 on AA and one on A. I'll have to ask my son when he gets home from school regarding the goalies.

AA teams normally take exactly what they want. So if the teams were already picked, it's likely not going to change.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 March 29, 2019, 02:23:40 PM
Speaking from my position of AA coaching. If 22 players tried out and the splits were made, that means I've taken the players who I think are capable of playing at the higher level. The only reason I'd ask another player from a lower level to play up is if I think I'll need extra's at a tournament.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

tree408

Reply #12:
 March 29, 2019, 02:51:16 PM
AA with 10 skaters and 2 goalies and an A with 9 skaters and a goalie, sounds like your son will get plenty of ice time and practices should be really hands on, I'd stick with it especially at PW. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 March 29, 2019, 03:33:17 PM
Devinitely stay LOTS OF ICE TIME. Every team around will take him because of the money but he'll be the extra guy who fills in everywhere else. No kid likes not knowing when his next shift is.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 March 29, 2019, 03:54:19 PM

1st. The other clubs will be looking to round out the back of their rosters, not the top spots. He won't get the same playing time he might want/expect.

If a PW A coach is not giving equal playing time he should have his Cert revoked.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 March 29, 2019, 04:03:57 PM
I'm guessing you're kid hasn't played in the DVHL. The coaches do it all levels.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #16:
 April 13, 2019, 02:37:03 PM
Must be the Jags team. Total dumpster fire with their PW teams. Everyone left because they are stealing parents money. Club was just selling letters not placing players with their skill level. Last year they should have had 2 B teams and 1 A. If it is the Jags, I'd run to any other team in the area.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

nonameneeded

Reply #17:
 April 15, 2019, 11:00:27 AM
i would be fine with a short roster more playing time!
 i wouldn't leave just yet if it was me i would stay the season and see how it goes.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: