My son is an elite level player and there is absolutely no way I would allow him to play ‘unofficial’ school hockey. I even have reservations about his playing varsity allowing it only while a freshman and sophomore. He gets little to nothing out of it while risking injury and needlessly demoralizing others.
So what I was going to say was that a parent with half a brain wouldnt let his son play in that situation. for his sons sake and the sake of the teammates. its not a "participation award " situation.
The kid playing does no one any good from a hockey perspective. Sure the kid would want to, but a responsible adult parent would explain that to his kid.
Problem is too many fathers are such dopes and they have no concern for anything other than stroking their own ego..
You wanna talk "participation award" mentality?? This guy is so afraid to make little Billy sad that he makes the whole league suffer.