Lots of opinions and some good suggestions.
I'll start with this....."In my opinion"
• I tend to agree with one post....Postponing the league until Jan would probably be a good idea. I might suggest creating in-house only from Oct-Dec, that way money is generated and risk is minimized.
• I suggest postponing for a few reasons.
1) It's a team sport, having more than 1/2 of your team in a locker room while the other half plays is generally not conducive in any way to team building.
2) It's only fair to allow parents to share in the experience. Imagine traveling to Wilkes-Barre or Delaware and sitting in your car for hours. Not exactly fun.
3) Schedule has been released, Don't think anyone noticed that Philly and DE are out. Not quite sure about other regions. Assuming other areas like Pittsburgh, Lancaster, Chester co. all have the option to cancel and such. Would be nice if everyone was onboard.
4) Finances. It's not cheap to play hockey and clubs need to collect payments sooner than later. (Guessing everyone has gotten the payment requested email) Many parents have held off to await DVHL announcement. Knowing the situation, A deduction is more than likely in the immediate future, why not postpone and collect full payment/s for a full season in Jan.
5) Travel and tournaments....both of which I love. No team in their right mind, is going to schedule the Boston, Niagra, Canada trip. I also think the chances of a season postponed increase when traveling around to places like Hershey, without a doubt.
6) Coaches, Referees and support staff at rinks are not kids. There chances of infection are far greater. Most cannot afford to be down a few weeks being sick and probably are not exactly interested at spending time in a hospital. Think of others involved.
In conclusion....
• Postpone the season until Jan 2021.
• Run in-house with all of the kids currently enrolled for Oct-Dec at your local rink or even combining with a neighboring rink that is not over 20-30 minutes away.
• Stay safe, play hockey and get ready for 2021.