Maybe you are clicking a different link than the one in the original post, but I see 6 courses available for coaching(not 47) with seats available.
As for the part about "USA Hockey wanting their coaches to know what they are doing comment"; I have been to 3 separate CEP training courses and not one of them has had a posted meeting agenda. For large chunks of it they turn it back on the audience for topics to discuss. Have also heard instructors say things to the effect of "let's try and keep questions to a minimum, so that we can get out of here on time". Does that sound like the primary concern is "making sure that their coaches know what they are doing"?
Am also not saying that I haven't gotten anything out of these courses, the safety and concussion protocols for instance have been very helpful and important for me. I am simply saying that they do not provide nearly enough useful content to tie up an entire day of someone's (most of whom are volunteering for their organizations) life, and that if they are going to make this an every year requirement, they should have more than 6 courses available in mid-August.