Author Topic: The NDL was just announced....  (Read 478 times)

Description:

Guest

Reply #10:
 October 06, 2026, 02:25:06 PM
Looking forward, if I was on a JRF team and not a top 6 forward or 1,2 D...I would be looking to jump.

Better nationwide players are coming to JRF and will displace the current AAA JRF.

This will in turn displace weaker non-JRF players on other local AAA teams. 

Weaker-playing Letter chasers across the region are going to be playing AA soon.

-Peter Puck
like
0
dislike
0
friendly
0
angry1
0
love
0
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Guest

Reply #11:
 October 06, 2026, 04:14:34 PM
I disagree with this sentiment as it pertains to the 2012 team. They work hard but I doubt anyone from that team will make DL team. Almost all came from average at best AA teams last year and they’ll probably go back to AA. I could see some PHC kids making the jump and some former JRF and LF 2012s from last year TRYING to make team. But making a legit DL team out of leftovers from this area is gonna be tough.
like
0
dislike
0
friendly
0
angry1
0
love
0
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Guest

Reply #12:
 October 06, 2026, 04:51:45 PM
I disagree with this sentiment as it pertains to the 2012 team. They work hard but I doubt anyone from that team will make DL team. Almost all came from average at best AA teams last year and they’ll probably go back to AA. I could see some PHC kids making the jump and some former JRF and LF 2012s from last year TRYING to make team. But making a legit DL team out of leftovers from this area is gonna be tough.

DL teams can recruit nationally with no restrictions. A lot of 2012 players in the SEPA/SNJ region will stay on current teams. None of the JrF 2012 will make team next season. Maybe 1-2 PHC make it and no LF will make it. Maybe some NNJ kids who don't make their teams go up to JrF. Remember the DL is for top 2% of players. Our area does not have a lot of kids that fit that description. Nothing changes for 99.9% of players. It is just 1 team and none of the current JrF kids are really AAA anyway.
like
0
dislike
0
friendly
0
angry1
0
love
0
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Guest

Reply #13:
 October 06, 2026, 05:41:53 PM
Are girls eligible
like
0
dislike
0
friendly
0
angry1
0
love
0
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Guest

Reply #14:
 October 06, 2026, 10:43:21 PM
No. My understanding is that Girls are not eligible for DL.
like
0
dislike
0
friendly
0
angry1
0
love
0
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Guest

Reply #15:
 October 06, 2026, 10:49:04 PM
This is kinda interesting. A lot of people are going to be disappointed when kids relocate to this area to play for teams like jrf which will all be rebuilt.  I mean they are talking about the top 2% in this country plus kids from other countries can join.  Well maybe BBSG has a plan as well.  But there are going to be a lot of hurt egos and dads in the next coming months.
like
0
dislike
0
friendly
0
angry1
0
love
0
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Guest

Reply #16:
 October 07, 2026, 01:45:09 AM
JRF not a surprise & I agree, they will pick on merit, and yes their 14U is car crash

PHC never saw in the running, especially with 3 other NJ programs (Avs have been down recently, but good track record, Wolfpack recent strong, Rockets questionable given location)

You were never going to have 10% of team just from NJ, if anything SouthEast/Mass (I know that one is complex with Preppies)  has a gripe, but with no restrictions on where you leave, should not matter

Remember, this is about the kids

See you at the Rink

Maverick PA
like
0
dislike
0
friendly
0
angry1
0
love
0
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Guest

Reply #17:
 October 07, 2026, 05:36:20 AM
JRF stinks.  Avs, Woodbridge and rockets are decent.  You will have phc kids bounce to some of these teams I am sure.  Everyone looking for the golden ticket to the show. 
like
0
dislike
0
friendly
0
angry1
0
love
0
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Guest

Reply #18:
 October 07, 2026, 10:31:01 AM
In my opinion nothing really changes. The best 17U players are gone to Juniors or Prep by that age, so I think this will only really affect 15U kids. PHC kids will stay because maybe 1 or 2 are in the top 2% at 15U. I think this will eventually flop and go back to normal. USA Hockey would have been better off eliminating Tier 1 teams you would not need to have an NDL league.
like
0
dislike
0
friendly
0
angry1
0
love
0
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Guest

Reply #19:
 October 07, 2026, 10:52:42 AM
These orgs still have bills to pay.  They still need paying families on their teams.  Unless there are specific rules, independent oversight and transparency around player selection and organizational funding,  I don't understand why everyone is assuming that a DL roster sport automatically means a player is objectively in the top 2% nationally.

Maybe there are safeguards that address this.  If so, I'd genuinely like to know what they are.  But until then, I think it's fair to question whether the same politics and financial influences that exist in youth hockey today are somehow going to disappear simply because the DL name is attached to the team.
like
0
dislike
0
friendly
0
angry1
0
love
0
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:
 

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: