I am not bashing anyone here. I am giving an unbiased assessment of what the Pilots are. I don't have an axe to grind and do not have a horse in this race.
1. There are 6 2013s not 5. 2. yes some players made other rink AAA spring teams, but not all of best players play spring. 3. yes rinks are trying to recruit Pilots for next year- how many for AAA? Rinks only see $$$$$. Remember youth ice hockey is a business!
While I admire everything the Pilots did this year, in the end they are high A level AHF team that gets beaten badly by advanced AHF teams. Pilots lost 8-0 to Venom Major, (who are not that great this year). 2013 Pilots are ready for mid level Squirt A, which is a big leap for 9 year old's playing 10 year old's. Could players improve and become AAA players, maybe, but not likely. Guy was 99% responsible for Pilots improvement, but rumor of his retirement will soon be revealed to be true.
We should tip our cap to all the Pilot families, coaches & managers that took a chance and were well rewarded. I have coached hockey for over 20 years and one thing I know for certain- players, parents and coaches are never ready for what it takes to play AAA. I wish all the families, players and coaches good luck next year!