Author Topic: CBHL?  (Read 5276 times)

Description: Will the CBHL be impacted by AHF?

CBHL?
Topic: March 21, 2022, 08:32:01 AM
I see a lot of discussion here and in social media about DVHL and AHF. My kid plays at a CBHL/AHF rink. For the first time this weekend, I heard someone mention that they think there will be no CBHL next year due to AHF. Do you think the AHF will swallow up the CBHL too?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 March 21, 2022, 08:58:15 AM
Bb owns 2 rinks in md and none in va.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 March 21, 2022, 09:22:03 AM
I think BB owns 3 in MD (Ice World, Piney, and Capital Clubhouse). I heard they made a play to get the Bowie rink too.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 March 21, 2022, 09:39:05 AM
It's not really about how many rinks they own, it's about how strong your league is. If the DVHL would of been a strong league and improved what it offered instead of becoming stale they would not have lost soo many non BB clubs to the AHF. If the AHF is strong and provides more than the current league why not go to it, the fees for most that left the DV for AHF were between $150 and $200. Is $200 worth a better run league, I think so. Time will tell if the AHF is better or not, from what I have seen and heard so far yes, yes the are.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest17069,Guest13171,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest11515,Guest10363,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 March 21, 2022, 10:16:53 AM
From what I have seen after this past year AHF is a shit run league. Very unbalanced and no cohesion across the board. Teams blowing others out who have no business being in the same level. The other leagues are fine.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest16873,Guest13944,Guest19326,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest16420,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 March 21, 2022, 10:53:48 AM
From what I have seen after this past year AHF is a shit run league. Very unbalanced and no cohesion across the board. Teams blowing others out who have no business being in the same level. The other leagues are fine.

that sounds a lot like the njyhl
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 March 21, 2022, 02:17:29 PM
[/quot
It was also year 1 in excistance. The dvhl, nj and ej have been around for how long and have been crap for awhile.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest18923,Guest11826,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #7:
 March 22, 2022, 08:57:33 AM
As someone else stated it was the 1st year for the AHF. Hopefully they will adjust and be better. To say the other leagues are fine is a joke, they were stagnant and  did no improving of what was offered. Teams played down and crushed the other team, don't be foolish and say it don't happen. I had a parent I knew from another team tell me the club gave them the option of B National or A  American and the chose B for a clear path to districts. She was right as steamrolled their way to all season. Every tournament they went to they went in as an A team and won 1, came in 2  in one and made the semi finals in the other.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #8:
 March 22, 2022, 09:54:33 AM
Please explain what AHF is doing differently to "improve". All of the AHF reps posting on behalf of them here keep saying the same thing AHF improved youth hockey, AHF and BB saved youth hockey. What are the improvements that make AHF a better league and do not say a game schedule. AHF is forcing their rinks teams to play their league, their showcases and their tournaments. The only thing different is they're forcing families into their own circuit hockey.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest10364,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #9:
 March 22, 2022, 10:10:33 AM
From what I read in this thread is the person said "Hopefully they will adjust and be better". How is that saying the AHF is improving in any way? The person make a valid point that the DVHL was stagnant and made no improvements over the years, i haven't seen any over the years my son has played. My son is in the DVHL and spats like yours makes our league look scared and weak. Do better
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest11382,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: