Author Topic: Genesis Parents: plans for next year?  (Read 3397 times)

Description:

Genesis Parents: plans for next year?
Topic: January 18, 2023, 02:56:34 PM
Curious what Genesis parents are thinking about for next year considering the club will not play in the AHF.  If the option is to remain in the DVHL and put together a Frankenstein schedule, will you be looking to jump ship?  Maybe more a question for parents of AA kids that won't have competition in the DVHL next year.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 January 23, 2023, 10:20:08 AM
Staying. All said and done, we will play around 55 games this year with only about 22 in the dvhl. A lot of it is how good a team's manager is and their ability to schedule competitive non league games with local teams.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 January 23, 2023, 01:54:17 PM
Stay in the DVHL were they have a easy ride to districts, unlike the AHF and their Independent status, that has no guarantee to districts unless they are a top 2 independent ranking in their state in the my hockey rankings. Another AHF lie to get non BB teams to join the AHF.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 January 23, 2023, 05:09:25 PM
That’s a district issue that needs to be addressed.  The AHF has far more teams and their path to districts should be as fair as anyone else’s path.  Counting us as independent is crap.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest10272,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 January 24, 2023, 10:43:41 AM
Reality is that the majority of area players don't make playoffs, let alone districts. This really just comes down to a Ford v Chevy, Pepsi v Coke. Genesis is pot committed to the DVHL and will fight to the end to keep the league alive. We're in a AHL rink and being objective, I like it more than I liked my 6+ years in the DVHL. I would like to see the leagues merge so we can play our area rivals/friends.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 January 24, 2023, 10:55:02 AM
Stay in the DVHL were they have a easy ride to districts, unlike the AHF and their Independent status, that has no guarantee to districts unless they are a top 2 independent ranking in their state in the my hockey rankings. Another AHF lie to get non BB teams to join the AHF.

Do you think that will change next year? Certainly should with the division of teams being equal, should not give one league an advantage. Also curious how the DVHL team that gets a bye to districts will fare in districts to go to nationals this year. It may be embarrassing.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Genesis Hockey Club

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 43
Views: 19080
Last post April 03, 2019, 03:50:53 PM
by Youth Hockey Info
POLL: Royals and Genesis Hockey Club Debate

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 67
Views: 22354
Last post February 26, 2020, 01:21:52 PM
by Guest
What happens to Genesis when there are no more teams left to play?

Started by NewsalertsBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 18
Views: 9929
Last post December 31, 2022, 02:04:28 PM
by Guest